It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autoimmune Disorders Message Board

What type of doctor?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-10-2012, 06:26 AM   #1
Junior Member
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Kernersville, NC
Posts: 11
teachermom123 HB User
What type of doctor?

Hi this is my first post and I am not sure what to do. I am 40 years old and I feel a whole lot older. I have had my ankle fused due to arthritis, I had my tmj joint replaced due to arthritis. Now I have been running a low grade fever for at least 2 months. The fever goes up to about 100 and then goes back to normal at bedtime. I am extremely fatigued and I feel like my brain is in a fog. I still have joint pain and it is getting worse. I will get hives a couple of times a year for no reason. All my labs seem to come back normal and my doctor just thinks I am depressed. I am depressed but that is not the problem. So I am not sure what I should do? Do I go to a new doctor and what type do I go to? Any advice is appreciated!

Sponsors Lightbulb
Old 01-11-2012, 09:48 PM   #2
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: BC, Canada
Posts: 8
Guppy5700 HB User
Re: What type of doctor?

When my male GP laughed at me and discouraged testing I found a woman GP and shes the best Doc Ive had in 43 years! If you can get a second opinion its worth it!

My new doc found my anemia (ferritin of 7 when it should be 100+) she also increased my other meds and helped me lose 50 lbs. She sends me to specialists only if needed as she is my primary carer.

What labs did your Doc actually do? Have up been tested for your antibody levels? thyroid? Adrenals? I understand Arthritis can be an autoimmune issue which leaves you open to other autoimmune diseases same with the hives reactions....lots to check Id say!

Old 01-12-2012, 03:15 AM   #3
Junior Member
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Kernersville, NC
Posts: 11
teachermom123 HB User
Re: What type of doctor?

Thanks so much, going to GP today! Hopefully I will have some more tests done.

Old 02-09-2012, 08:06 PM   #4
Junior Member
pinkcell's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Merritt Island
Posts: 14
pinkcell HB User
Re: What type of doctor?

I have experienced the same sensation, with feeling like your brain is in a fog. I felt as if I could not think clearly and could not concentrate. After that I would start to feel extremely tired and then started having headaches. This went on for about two months, and then in December, it happened again, only I started having an electrical shock feeling in the top of my brain. I got confused, and could not get what I was thinking to come out of my mouth the way I was thinking them. I went to the ER, and was admitted to the hospital. They told me that I was having some sort of seizure. I am in the process of seeing a neurologist to find out exactly what is going on. I hope that you get the answers that you are looking for.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Sign Up Today!

Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

I want my free account

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:44 AM.

Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2016 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!