It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autoimmune Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2012, 07:24 AM   #1
(female)

popica HB User
is this skin thing a clue?

I've been sick for over a year -- started out tired and achey, now have trouble swallowing, tinnitits, lower back and hip pain, headaches, etc. I've been on seeing may docs and no one knows what's going on. Now I've noticed in 3 places on leg and torso I have these small round flat/smooth lesions on my skin. About size ona dime. It may be nothing, but these days I look for clues on any kind!! If this sounds like it may be consistent with something autoimmune, can you share your thoughts?? Thanks.

Old 01-12-2012, 05:53 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

jennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB User
Re: is this skin thing a clue?

What are the lesions like? Do they itch? Do they get scaly or seem to be bright red at times? I have seborrheic keratoses and they are round dime sized lesions that will look very red at times and then get a scaly covering that itches and peels right off leaving you with red stop lights.

The reason I am describing them is that they are very common in people with allergic or auto-immune disorders...I have Ra and secondary Sjogrens Syndrome.

May be just one more sign that something is going on inside of you. Autoimmune develops very slowly and it takes a ton of patience and a doc with equal patience to watch and follow and fine the signs and put together the pattern they are showing.

Hope this helps.............Jenny

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2012, 06:02 PM   #3
(female)

popica HB User

Thx for replying. They are flat, smooth, with a shiny/scaly inner circle. Not itchy or red. perfectly round. Ideas???

Old 01-14-2012, 11:41 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

lala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB User

Popica:
It sounds like autoimmune or candida (yeast overgrowth). Have you gone to any drs.? LaLa

Closed Thread