It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autoimmune Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2012, 08:30 PM   #1
(female)

pinkcell HB User
Thoughts????

I have been dealing with a lot of illness over the last six months, and over my lifetime. I have recently been diagnosed with epilepsy, gout, and diverticulitis. All of this was over the course of six months. This has been going on all of my life. There have been spurts of illnesses like this since before I can recall, for instance, when I was born, I was born with a bronchial cleft cyst that got infected, and had to be removed when I was 18 months old. I have to have my tonsils removed when 6 months later, and I had walking pneumonia 6 months after that.
My mom was diagnosed with Chronic granulomatous disease as a child, and we were unaware of this until a few years ago. I have tried to tell doctors over and over again about what they have found, and about what that means and it is like I am talking to them in a different language!
I am now having testing done but now my question is that there have been a lot of the test that have come back negative. the first test that came back negative was the nitroblue tetrazolium test. The ESR test is at 16 which is a high normal, and every time they tell me that they need to do more testing I feel like the waiting is going to kill me.
Am I overlooking anything? Is there anything that I should be telling my doctor?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2012, 04:55 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User
Re: Thoughts????

Hello Pinkcell and welcome on board!
I am sorry nobody answered your post; I presume people dont relate to your symptoms and this is a reason. They dont know what to say... sorry.

You mentioned your condition (cleft for example) which happens during embriotic development and really has nothing to do with adult diseases. Same as pneumonia: you name it and this child had pneumonia many times in their childhood and a lot of us during adulthood as well ( i had pneumonia so many times, forgot to count ;-)
Years ago it was very common to removed tonsils for kids; both of my kids were tonsils removed. If I would know than what I know now, I would never let this happen, but who knew, right? This is not a reason to blame your epilepsy or goat on removed tonsils.
Kids sick all the time; you are very lucky that you had just what you had and nothing serious really. So you cant relate what you described to what bothers you now.
Epilepsy is a real serious condition; thank God they have so much medicine to help people nowadays. I wish you well on it, my heart goes out to you.
Goat means it too much Uric Acid in your blood, did they do anything about it for you? My mom has this condition for years and the minute she stops taking care of her diet, here is the huge ankle again and a lots of pain. I had this ones in my life and can never forget the pain. Since than I really take good care of this issue, they gave me the right died, supplements and I try my best not to have another episode. This is not a permanent disease like let's say heart disease, so you can take care of it under doctor supervision.
Did you Dr tell you that every second (if not first) person in a world suffers from Diverticulitis? Even kids!! I was diagnosed with it at age 16. Again, the right diet (very important), avoiding constipation can keep you healthy in that department for many-many years. Just have to be careful and take care of it. Your DR can provide you with needed information about diet and plus they have so much info on Internet.

The fact that your mom has Chron's disease doesn't mean you get one... Having diverticulitis doesn't mean you are getting Chron's as well. More like IBS, small intestine ulcers and other inflammatory diseases. I don't think you have to worry about inheriting your mom's condition.
You know when one thing is wrong with our system, it can show on blood work testing? People get scared thinking o my ANA is higher or something else is higher/lower than normal but they dont know this can relate to simple thing like a cold, virus, sore throat, etc. But this all gets better as soon as our immune system fights the problem.

This is my 2 cents. I wish I could help you more. But honestly, I don't see any issue here for you to panic. Just see what your doctors offer, go for it and see the results. If you still not satisfied, go for second opinion. This is my advice to you dear.

Moldova

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread