It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autoimmune Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2012, 08:30 AM   #1
(male)

scottyg354 HB User
What's going on here?

Ok guys I am hypothyroid. I was diagnosed last October. It's been about a year and a half and I am still not adjusted, my doc and myself can't seem to get my lab's down. I have felt sick for years, GI trouble, fatigue, depression, weight gain, stiffness, losing hair, etc. I have always had this odd feeling in my left side, like a dull pressure/ache that coincided with when my GI trouble's started (alternating Diarrhea/Constipation, flatulence). I've been test for celiac, but didn't realize I wasn't supposed to be off gluten when I got the blood test so it came back negative except for my Giladin IgG which was only equivocal @ 11. My doc didn't know I was off gluten (for three weeks) when I took the original so he is sending my again. He is also having me get a HIDA scan, hep panel, vitamin and mineral panel, and an abdominal ultrasound.

The GI issues are killing me. Anyone have issues like these? If so what was causing it? I feel like I'm going nuts.

I also had a Urine Protein test which came back negative, my BUN, GFR and Creatinine were all within normal range. Only thing that was slightly elevated on my last blood test was my ALT @ 98 top of the range being 75.

Last edited by scottyg354; 02-27-2012 at 08:53 AM.

Old 02-28-2012, 05:31 AM   #2
(female)

estelle454 HB Userestelle454 HB Userestelle454 HB Userestelle454 HB User
Re: What's going on here?

Have you been checked for sjogrens and pernicious anemia. Or any other autoimmune diseases. Also have they checked to see if your spleen is enlarged. If you have one autoimmune problem as you have with the thyroid, you are more likely to get another one. Maybe you need to go to a rhuematoligist, sorry about spelling. Good Luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-28-2012, 06:04 AM   #3
(male)

scottyg354 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by estelle454 View Post
Have you been checked for sjogrens and pernicious anemia. Or any other autoimmune diseases. Also have they checked to see if your spleen is enlarged. If you have one autoimmune problem as you have with the thyroid, you are more likely to get another one. Maybe you need to go to a rhuematoligist, sorry about spelling. Good Luck
Going for an abdominal scan tommorow. They are going to check my spleen. Can an autoimmune disease cause my spleen to enlarge?

Old 02-29-2012, 03:39 AM   #4
(female)

estelle454 HB Userestelle454 HB Userestelle454 HB Userestelle454 HB User

Well it has been a highlight of my journey in autoimmune disorder, sjogrens, that and anemia, low platelets, low wbc, hope you find out more from your scan

Old 03-27-2012, 09:32 PM   #5
(female)

hopefloats36 HB Userhopefloats36 HB User

Related to your GI symptoms...ask for breath tests for SIBO (Small Bowel Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth) and FM (Fructose Malabsorption). After 10 years of GI symptoms and being told I had IBS, I finally know what caused these symptoms. I tested positive for both....the double whammy!! I'm feeling so much better after treatment for the SIBO, and being on the FODMAP diet. Simple breath testing...go figure!

I hope you find out what the issues are and start feeling better soon.

Closed Thread