It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autoimmune Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-29-2012, 06:35 PM   #1
(female)

antiqrose HB User
Lichen Sclerosis

Hello i am new on here and would like to know if there is any one with the autoimmune disease called Lichen Sclerosis. Currently i am having problems getting out of bed, my hips seem stiff and very painfull, i have to physically use my hands to roll my hips into a side position then walk my hands up to a sitting position but cant put full weight for sitting position so i have to use my arms as a holding posture and wait at least 5 minutes before i can then i try to stand up and it takes effort, When i try to feed the cats,( bowls on floor) i cant bend down because of the pain in hips. It takes me an hour before i can really move. Lying on the floor and doing exercises for the back doesnt work. What could it be, it comes and goes in the mornings only after sleeping sometimes it wakes me in the night because i cant turn over. during the day im fine just achy. Is it part and parcel of the LS. or should i get it checked out.

Old 07-02-2012, 04:43 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

roxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB User
Re: Lichen Sclerosis

I am not sure if you will read my reply, but I have been dealing with LS for 22 years. To the best of my knowledge the hip problems are NOT related to LS.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-20-2012, 09:24 AM   #3
(female)

kselibrary76 HB Userkselibrary76 HB User

I've hand vulvar/anal lichen for 8 years and have never had those problems from that disease...others yes, that one no.

Old 09-24-2012, 11:47 PM   #4
(female)

Nikki42uk HB User

As LS is autoimmune could this pain be some sort of arthritis?

Old 10-02-2012, 12:23 AM   #5
(female)

Kellycunn HB User

The pain you are having maybe an other autoimmune problem, I would suggest you get it checked out. But it could be that you tense up in order to reduce pain

Old 10-02-2012, 09:20 AM   #6
(female)

kselibrary76 HB Userkselibrary76 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxygirl1 View Post
I am not sure if you will read my reply, but I have been dealing with LS for 22 years. To the best of my knowledge the hip problems are NOT related to LS.
My lichen doesn't make me have those symptoms either, nor have I heard of them causing such things.

Reply Reply