It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autoimmune Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2012, 06:00 PM   #1
(female)

liaanne HB User
does this sound like a autoimmune issue??

Hi everyone. I will try to make this short and sweet. Since October of last year I had little red dots on me that didnt blanch. I was nervous after what i read about petechiae so I went to the er and was told it was a rash if it doesnt go away to come back. It did not go away so I went back and they ran blood tests everything was normal, they did a basic draw up cbc,wbc so forth. ( i had 3 blood counts tested by 3 diff docs all were normal ranges)

After a while of still having these I went to my primary who was not concerned and I went to a derm. My derm said they do look like blood vessels but my situation is weird BECAUSE these dots go away within three days and if i scratch them they go away. She gave me a slip for an ana my titer was 1:40 normal and nothing of concern. Then my primary to rest my mind did a huge amount of blood work. They took 5 vivals of blood and tested for dna double stranded...and a bunch of other stuff. All of my blood came out perfect and my doctor said im healthy and not to worry.

I am worried though. At this point if it is something just find it already because Im going crazy. This October will be a year that Ive been having these and i have no other symptoms other then this stupid anxiety its causing me ( no these are not stressed induced)

My blood work indicates nothing so im left to worry and people are starting to think im a hypochondriac. What if it is something and the doctors are missing it? Im just so scared.....I really am.

Anyone know what these could be? could they be nothing???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2012, 06:01 PM   #2
(female)

liaanne HB User
Re: does this sound like a autoimmune issue??

25 yr old female

Old 04-19-2012, 09:35 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

luca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB User

They are very likely nothing, if all your Dr's believe it is nothing, your labs are fine and you have no other symptoms other than anxiety. Autoimmune problems usually come with more symptoms than a passing rash, if that helps. A dilated capillary can look like a dot or petechiae and is absolutely nothing. Is there any reason that you do not believe your Dr's? They could also be what is known as Telangiectasias, which many people have and can be caused by nothing more than a bruise or sun damage.

Last edited by luca689; 04-19-2012 at 09:43 AM. Reason: another thought to add

Old 04-19-2012, 02:57 PM   #4
(female)

liaanne HB User

Thank you for taking the time to respond to me
I guess you are right, i do have some anxiety associated with these dots, anyone who knows me can tell you that. Im also a nervous person with my health over all so that may be why im not taking my doctors or derms word..or my blood its self for that matter. I just am a little sketched out how one day these dots showed up and now they have been here for a while. I guess I will have to work on my anxiety.

Thank you for calming my nerves a little
25 female btw so i dont think these are anything with age

Old 04-19-2012, 03:04 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

luca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB User

no, they are not age related. Even kids can get the little capillary type dots that are completely harmless. As long as you don't have any other symptoms, I say trust your Drs. I wish you well.

Closed Thread