It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autoimmune Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2012, 10:41 AM   #1
(female)

NellieNunu HB User
Anyone else experiencing this?

I don't know if this will seem totally random or not, but I've got to ask...
I have CVID, RA, lupus. About a year ago I simply lost my taste for meat. Not gradually, but suddenly. Absolutely no desire at all. Maybe a couple months later, overnight I lost my taste for all alcohol, and I LOVED my wine! Never touch it anymore. And now, about 2 weeks ago, I lost my taste for my beloved coffee! This one bums me out, but now I just don't have any interest in coffee.

As for my appetite in general, i don't have much desire. I eat to nourish myself and that's it. We used to eat out often, enjoying nice restaurants, etc. Now I never have the urge for any certain foods, restaurants...my hubby is very into fine dining so when I can manage it, I go along with it.

You'd think that, with all this, I wouldn't have weight issues. My daily caloric intake is ridiculously low, but thanks to prednisone I can't lose a pound! I also have that belly-fat from prednisone going on, which I hate. Aaargh!

This is all so weird to me. I'm very curious whether anyone else out there can relate to this.
Hope you all are feeling ok today and taking good care of YOU.

Old 04-30-2012, 07:47 PM   #2
(female)

msnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB User
Re: Anyone else experiencing this?

yep

The good news is for me it tends to run in cycles.

T

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2012, 10:29 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

luca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB User
Re: Anyone else experiencing this?

I had it happen when I was on Topamax and zonisamide for migraines. Once off them and on calcium channel blockers for migraines, everything returned to normal.

The following user gives a hug of support to luca689:
551 (05-05-2012)
Old 05-05-2012, 03:57 AM   #4
(female)

551 HB User
Wink Re: Anyone else experiencing this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NellieNunu View Post
I don't know if this will seem totally random or not, but I've got to ask...
I have CVID, RA, lupus. About a year ago I simply lost my taste for meat. Not gradually, but suddenly. Absolutely no desire at all. Maybe a couple months later, overnight I lost my taste for all alcohol, and I LOVED my wine! Never touch it anymore. And now, about 2 weeks ago, I lost my taste for my beloved coffee! This one bums me out, but now I just don't have any interest in coffee.

As for my appetite in general, i don't have much desire. I eat to nourish myself and that's it. We used to eat out often, enjoying nice restaurants, etc. Now I never have the urge for any certain foods, restaurants...my hubby is very into fine dining so when I can manage it, I go along with it.

You'd think that, with all this, I wouldn't have weight issues. My daily caloric intake is ridiculously low, but thanks to prednisone I can't lose a pound! I also have that belly-fat from prednisone going on, which I hate. Aaargh!

This is all so weird to me. I'm very curious whether anyone else out there can relate to this.
Hope you all are feeling ok today and taking good care of YOU.
hi i suffer from the same thing lupus it has happened to me i cant eat meat or drink coffee it is hard but i am trying to lose the weight but i struggle i go to weight watchers and that helps prednisalone is a pain u do put weight on with it i have managed to lose 2st with ww hope this helps

Closed Thread