It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autoimmune Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2012, 06:31 AM   #16
(female)

astralweeks HB User
Re: Autoimmune disease, but which one?

Thanks for all of your replies. I figured I'd update as I saw the rheumatologist for my follow-up yesterday.

As I suspected, not a ton was revealed but there was something interesting. I did tell him the pain in my hands has probably gotten a little worse. I'm on stronger anti-inflammatory medicine for that. I had a fever in June but none in July, and no rashes, so that is all good news. Besides that though, little has changed for me. The fatigue is bad lately, coupled with insomnia. I wake up at the 3:00am hour every night and almost never go back to sleep. It's frustrating to say the least.

He mentioned that some of my lab results, combined with my GI issues, have him suspecting Celiac Disease and ordered a bunch of antibodies for that. If it is CD, he still thinks there is another auto-immune thing going on, and he did again mention Lupus is still on the table, and he noticed my Sed rate is still high.

I got some results sent to me this morning. Sed rate is still just as high and the albumin levels that were low last time that was making him think Celiac (combined with my GI issues) is even lower. Still waiting on the CD antibodies to come back though.

It was a good visit but still so many questions. He even apologized to me for not having more definitive answers, but I understand this stuff could take a long time to diagnose. Few things are easy in life, right? I'll be keeping my eye on the test results and guess we'll go from there.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2012, 08:35 AM   #17
Veteran
(female)

luca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB User
Re: Autoimmune disease, but which one?

I am so glad that you are finally getting some directions to follow up with. These things do take a while to sort through, sometimes. Wishing you the best and thanks for the update!

Reply Reply