It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autoimmune Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2012, 03:40 PM   #1
(female)

kath1954 HB User
Guillian Barre Syndrome

I was diagnosed with GBS in August 2011 and would be interested to talk with others who have had or do have it, to exchange experiences etc.,

Old 05-28-2012, 04:16 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

lala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB User
Re: Guillian Barre Syndrome

Kath:
What exactly are your symptoms and how did you get diagnosed? I have been suffering for years with something that I can't get to the bottom of. It started with a CFS type of thing and then a few years later led to head tingling, balance problem, skull bone pain, neck pain, eye twitching and much more. Also, isn't GBS a neurological disorder? Did you post on the neuro board? Also what is the treatment that you are under? I look forward to hearing from you. LaLa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-28-2012, 05:38 PM   #3
(female)

kath1954 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lala52 View Post
Kath:
What exactly are your symptoms and how did you get diagnosed? I have been suffering for years with something that I can't get to the bottom of. It started with a CFS type of thing and then a few years later led to head tingling, balance problem, skull bone pain, neck pain, eye twitching and much more. Also, isn't GBS a neurological disorder? Did you post on the neuro board? Also what is the treatment that you are under? I look forward to hearing from you. LaLa
Hi Lala
Initial symptoms started with severe itching hands followed by unsteady gait, blurred vision, pins and needles in forearms and hands and lower legs and feet, slurred speech. Initial doctor thought perhaps slight stroke and referred me for CT scan. No stroke evident thankfully, but then referred to neurology for assessment. Symptoms worsened and was hospitalised for 6 days. Had 5 days of IVIG and was discharged. Still have residual issues 9 months down the track. Need some positive feedback

Old 08-28-2012, 04:21 AM   #4
(female)

welshminx HB User

Hi Lala,
Sounds a lot like what I have been going through. Just finished my 5 days of IvG and haven't had any change-if anything I feel even more exhausted and unsteady on my feet. Glad it wasn't a stroke you had-have they given you any further tests?

Reply Reply