It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autoimmune Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2012, 04:21 PM   #1
(female)

melgag21 HB User
Anyone else with occluded arteries in legs?

Help! After a year and a half of varying annoying symptoms I was diagnosed by a podiatrist with Raynaud's disease. He sent me to a rheumatologist and a vascular surgeon. The rheumatologist ran what I feel like was every single blood test- all fine except very high B12. The vascular surgeon did a CTA and it showed that I have 2 arteries in each lower leg that are 100% blocked! He said he doesn't think it's from plaque or cholesterol (I am 34, healthy, non smoker) but he thinks it's autoimmune in nature. I can't find any auto immune disorders that do this (along with purple feet, intense leg tingling, numbness). I can find Buerger's syndrome except that happens to male smokers. I feel like no one knows what is going on but I'm scared knowing I have 4 blocked arteries! I left a message for rheumatologist, of course haven't heard back. Can anyone help?

Melissa

The following user gives a hug of support to melgag21:
Rita27 (07-08-2012)
Old 07-06-2012, 09:15 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

luca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB User
Re: Anyone else with occluded arteries in legs?

Raynaud's itself can cause the condition. It is a type of peripheral artery disease. I hope you are getting treated for the occlusions. Raynaud's itself can also be treated both by lifestyle changes IE: staying warm, wearing socks, etc. and pharmacologically IE calcium channel blockers, if severe. APS (Antiphospholipid Syndrome or Hughes Disease) is another autoimmune disease that can cause clot formation leading to arterial blockage that can be treated as well. I hope you and your Dr's come up with a good treatment and prevention plan. I have both Raynaud's and APS. What did your rheumatologist say or are you still waiting for a follow up?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
arteries, autoimmune, numb, purple, tingle