It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autoimmune Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2012, 08:55 AM   #1
(female)

JosieLane HB User
Haven't been diagnosed yet. Here's my symptoms

I'm in the process of getting diagnosed with an autoimmune disorder, but blood work keeps coming up normal.

Uveitis (intermediate, with a cyst)
Knee pain (random; it comes after sitting for a while, then getting up. VERY painful)
Hives (small, on my face, one at a time. they look like mosquito bites. also at random)
Chest pain (again, it comes out of nowhere)
Hair is thinning and breaking a lot
Sore lymph nodes in neck and armpits after I drink beer
Infections - I ALWAYS have one. Always. UTI, bv, bladder, etc. I always have one!!
Pain in lower abdomen area (like around my ovaries?)
Brain fog and depression (was on Celexa for a month and it made me crazy. really).

Have been tested for:

HLA-B27 antigen
Sarcoidosis
Tuberculosis
Toxoplasmosis
STD's
Lyme disease
Cat scratch fever

The only doctors I see are my Ophthalmologists (for uveitis, and they order the blood work). And it's at a cheap-o clinic. I know the best thing for me to do would be to see a rhumy, but I can't afford anything like that right now.

Old 07-16-2012, 09:19 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

luca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB User
Re: Haven't been diagnosed yet. Here's my symptoms

Have you had labs for autoimmune disease such as ANA testing, etc. I would also take a peek at the stickies over on the lupus board to see the criteria for lupus. And of course, have you had your thyroid checked?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2012, 07:42 AM   #3
(female)

luvinmusiq HB Userluvinmusiq HB Userluvinmusiq HB Userluvinmusiq HB Userluvinmusiq HB Userluvinmusiq HB Userluvinmusiq HB User

Have you tried going to a research hospital? Honestly, the problems you are experiencing it can be a number of things. A research hospital will be able to give you some results. I know you said you can't afford to go to rheumy but I think you should. If any way possible. It def sounds like it may be auto-immune related but I am not so sure that lupus is the first thing that jumps out at me. I have had lupus for 15 years. Not saying that it isn't lupus because you def have a lot of signs of lupus. but you also have a lot of signs of a few other auto-immune diseases. I hope you can do some digging into going to a research hospital. If you can't go to a rheumy right now maybe that is your next best choice. None of us here are doctors so I can't diagnose you. You need to talk with a doctor. Also ask for a lupus blood work-up. They will do the appropriate testing to see what is going on. Good luck to you and I hope you get some results soon. Not knowing what is wrong will def stress you out and cause you to worry. Keep us posted once you find out whats going on. Muah!
Pancreatic Stent
Osteoarthritis
Stroke
Leukopenia
Migraines
Power Port implant 2010
Total Right Hip Replacement

Old 07-19-2012, 02:56 PM   #4
(female)

JosieLane HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by luca689 View Post
Have you had labs for autoimmune disease such as ANA testing, etc. I would also take a peek at the stickies over on the lupus board to see the criteria for lupus. And of course, have you had your thyroid checked?
They haven't done an ANA. I don't know why. And no, haven't had my thyroid checked either. What would that say, out of curiosity?

Old 07-20-2012, 08:20 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

luca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB User

A thyroid panel usually includes TSH level, t3 and t4 levels. A malfunctioning thyroid can cause dry hair and brain fog and depression. It is done via blood test. Thyroiditis is super easy to fix, as well. The ANA or autoimmune panel checks for indications of autoimmune diseases like lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, and such. I believe uveitis and UTI's are common occurences in lupus but I'm not a Dr. All of these things can help point a Dr in one direction or another. It also may be that none of your symptoms are related at all to an autoimmune disease. I would also seek out the advice of a good gyno or urologist, if you can find one. Best of luck

Old 07-20-2012, 09:49 AM   #6
(female)

JosieLane HB User

Thank you Luca. My grandfather had RA and my niece and nephew both have autoimmune neutrpenia (sp?). So, that, along with my symptoms, I think is why they're thinking I have an autoimmune disorder.

The following user gives a hug of support to JosieLane:
luca689 (07-20-2012)
Old 07-20-2012, 09:54 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

Yes, they certainly can run in familes. My grandmother had RA, too.

Old 07-20-2012, 01:55 PM   #8
(female)

luvinmusiq HB Userluvinmusiq HB Userluvinmusiq HB Userluvinmusiq HB Userluvinmusiq HB Userluvinmusiq HB Userluvinmusiq HB User

I would ask your doctor to do a ANA. That is the main test for auto-immune diseases. It will at least point you a certain direction so that even the doctor may know where to refer you. The symptoms are so varied in so many diseases that now a days you can't really be sure unless you have the proper blood test done. I hope you get some answers soon. Good luck to you.
Pancreatic Stent
Osteoarthritis
Stroke
Leukopenia
Migraines
Power Port implant 2010
Total Right Hip Replacement

Old 07-20-2012, 08:28 PM   #9
(female)

RascalZ59 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosieLane View Post
I'm in the process of getting diagnosed with an autoimmune disorder, but blood work keeps coming up normal.

Uveitis (intermediate, with a cyst)
Knee pain (random; it comes after sitting for a while, then getting up. VERY painful)
Hives (small, on my face, one at a time. they look like mosquito bites. also at random)
Chest pain (again, it comes out of nowhere)
Hair is thinning and breaking a lot
Sore lymph nodes in neck and armpits after I drink beer
Infections - I ALWAYS have one. Always. UTI, bv, bladder, etc. I always have one!!
Pain in lower abdomen area (like around my ovaries?)
Brain fog and depression (was on Celexa for a month and it made me crazy. really).

Have been tested for:

HLA-B27 antigen
Sarcoidosis
Tuberculosis
Toxoplasmosis
STD's
Lyme disease
Cat scratch fever

The only doctors I see are my Ophthalmologists (for uveitis, and they order the blood work). And it's at a cheap-o clinic. I know the best thing for me to do would be to see a rhumy, but I can't afford anything like that right now.
Hello. Have you had a thyroid test? Have you tried going to an Internist?

Old 07-20-2012, 08:32 PM   #10
(female)

RascalZ59 HB User
Smile Re: Haven't been diagnosed yet. Here's my symptoms

Hello. Have you had a thyroid test? Have you tried going to an Internist? Hope you feel better.

Reply Reply