It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autoimmune Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2012, 10:33 AM   #1
(female)

sophx HB User
New, worried and could really do with some advice :(

Hi all

I'm new to the forum and could really do with some advice. I'm a 26 year old female with a family history of RA and I suspect I have an autoimmune disorder.

If i'm truly honest i haven't felt 'well' for years. It all started about 8 years ago when I was experiencing extreme tiredness, irritable mood swings and fainting episodes. I had a blood test and this showed borderline anaemia - but "only when i'm on my period". Confident that this was the cause, i carried on with my life and thought not much more.

About 5 years ago i started to experience bad back and neck pains. This flared up mainly during times of stress and the Dr diagnosed bad posture and muscle tension.

In more recent years i've developed further symptoms including:
*digestive problems and IBS (haven't been to go to the toilet 'normally' for about a year - sorry TMI)
*heat bumps when exposed to the sun (never happened as a child)
*face rashes
*pains in feet,hands, knees and neck (not extreme pain like what my mum with RA experiences, but still painful)
*Fatigue
*general muscle aches and weakness
*dizzy spells
*sores in my nose
*nose bleeds (3 in the past 3 years)
*developed allergies such as dust and hay fever
*inability to lose weight
*general feeling of being unwell

Over the weekend i was experiencing another usual neck flare up and noticed my right hand had swelled up. I wasn't in any pain but it felt 'tingly'. My mum suggested i go to the doctors so i went to see the nurse and she told me my throat glands were also swollen - i hadn't even noticed. I was given a blood test and received my results today. Apparently my other results were fine (I presume this is my liver and kidney function tests?) but the doctor wants to see me to discuss my full blood count.

Sorry for the long post, i just want to make sure i provide all the correct information. Do you think my symptoms match those of autoimmune disease? Also, what do you think i should expect from my appointment with the doctor? Did anyone else had a similar experience with their diagnoses aka other tests fine, abnormalities in full blood count?

I'm tired of feeling unwell and want to get this sorted. I would really appreciate some guidance and would love to hear from you.

Thank you for your time

Soph xx

The following user gives a hug of support to sophx:
Rita27 (07-18-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2012, 10:39 AM   #2
(female)

sophx HB User
Re: New, worried and could really do with some advice :(

forgot to mention i've also been experiencing shortness of breath and heart palpitations - not sure whether this could be anxiety related though

xx

Old 07-18-2012, 10:42 AM   #3
(female)

sophx HB User

forgot to mention i've also been experiencing shortness of breath and heart palpitations - not sure whether this could be anxiety related though

xx

Old 07-20-2012, 10:47 AM   #4
(female)

kselibrary76 HB Userkselibrary76 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophx View Post

xx
Fear is an ugly thing, my new friend. It robs us of joy, it robs us of future joys.

I'm so sorry you are feeling like this. I'm sorry you hurt, I'm sorry you are scared.

As much as anything I hope you get some answers soon. I know they will bring you peace no matter how hard they may or may not be to hear.

I'm in the same place you are. Terror sometimes overtakes my thoughts.

I'm trying to be strong...sometimes I fail...sometimes I fly

Old 07-20-2012, 03:57 PM   #5
(female)

sophx HB User

kselibrary76 thank you so much for your comment. Your right fear can get the better of us and as soon as we learn more the better we can adjust and handle whatever life has decided for us. what is your current situation and what symptoms do you have? Today the gland under my right arm has swollen and the right side of my body feels alien to me - aches, pains and weakness. my right index finger has also swollen. Thanks again for replying to my comment and i wish you all the luck for your health

Soph xxx

Old 08-01-2012, 07:06 PM   #6
(female)

JLQx2 HB User

I'm so sorry that you are going through all of this. I really wish that I could enlighten you as to what is going on with your body but I can't. What I can tell you is that God is with you when you're scared and feel alone. You haven't been forgotten.

I have RA, and up until I was diagnosed I was terrified because I was in so much pain all the time and I was only 20 and couldn't imagine what was causing it. I can't make your symptoms go away but I can tell you that I will be praying for you and I hope that you will have the strength you need to overcome this!!

The following user gives a hug of support to JLQx2:
goldenfox (08-02-2012)
Old 08-02-2012, 07:15 AM   #7
(female)

kselibrary76 HB Userkselibrary76 HB User

Second and final try at a reply. I typed a novella before

Soph,

I am not sure what is going on with me to answer your question. I'm lost.

I was at the scleroderma clinic in Chicago this past week and told I do not have that (let us all happy dance... MAJORLY!)

I am now being sent to an endocrin metabolism doctor.

Ugh. Whatever that means.

I have major bone pain in the extremities. Keep me awake pain. Muscle weakness. Major fatigue, gastritis and major freak out.

I'm trying to keep a handle on the freak out bit, it is hard though.

Please come back and let us know what you are finding out in your own case. I care.

Karen

Old 08-02-2012, 09:55 AM   #8
(female)

goldenfox HB User

That would determine on what labs were ordered. If just a CBC then this might be all that he is looking at. Be sure to ask and get the answers to ALL questions you have before leaving his office. Will be praying that God will reveal to the doctors what the problem is.

Old 10-27-2012, 02:39 PM   #9
(female)

CatGirl7 HB User

Hi Sophx - Are you feeling any better? I've been suffering for the past 2-1/2 years with a variety of symptoms - many of the ones you described. Wishing you the best. Please say a prayer for me, as I'm still trying to get a diagnosis. All I've been told thus far is I have an autoimmune disorder. (I think there are about 80)

Reply Reply