It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autoimmune Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2012, 06:30 PM   #1
(female)

needaanswer35 HB User
Question Please help

I am a 35 yr old female and for going on 2 yrs have been experiencing re-occuring flu like symptoms. The symptoms are very pronounced but come and go lasting approx 5-10 days on average. My symptoms include: aching muscles, bones, and joints and wide spread covering my entire body with low back pain being pretty intense at times, low grade temp (99-100), extreme fatigue, heaviness in my muscles, muscle twitches, occasional night sweats, and just a overall feeling of a bad case of the flu. I've had extensive blood work done and my Dr. said that my blood work was rather remarkable but that my "immune system was fighting something very hard." Blood work came back showing no infections or any other obvious illnesses. She aid she was thinking along the lines of a autoimmune disease. She sent me to a rheumatologist (sp) and test for RA came back negative. I have not been back to the Dr. since that test b/c my symptoms went away and its difficult to make Dr's apts with a job. However, my symptoms are back once again and in full force! I cant keep going to the Dr. with my job but cant work like this. Any idea what might be causing these re occuring symptoms? Thanks in advance!

Last edited by needaanswer35; 09-03-2012 at 06:46 PM.

Old 09-27-2012, 09:29 PM   #2
(male)

achillez16 HB User
Re: Please help

I think you need to talk to your doctor about CFS and fibromyalgia ... these 2 have no diagnostic tests .. so are difficult to diagnose. . .also . having a negative RA does not eliminate RA . .pls get a Anti CCP test done also .. this one is more conclusive for RA ..

Have you tested for ANA, CRP , SED rate , CK levels ? .. these will give a clearer picture of your condition .

Also very important . .tht you test for vitamin deficiency .. ther is a good chance that this is a vitamin D deficiency . . I am having exactly the same symptoms for the past 3 months and my Vitamin D came to very low of 13 . . so hav started with the supplements recently . .

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-28-2012, 01:36 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Please help

I agree that you need more than just an RA test. ANA tests for lupus, sed rate and CRP for inflammation in general, CK for muscle inflammation. Something had to be abnormal for your Dr to say your immune system was fighting something. She is right on to suspect autoimmune disease. Those often cause vitamin deficiencies and anemia, so a check for Vit D, B12 and folate would be good as well. It is best to get the tests done when you are having symptoms, so I would go back to rheum and ask him/her to look further, inc. the CCP previous poster mentioned.

Reply Reply