It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autoimmune Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2012, 03:48 PM   #1
(female)

Menelly HB User
Help! What's wrong with me?

Long story shortish.

I went to my doctor on Aug 24th with symptoms that looked very much like RA. 18 effected joints between hands, wrists, elbows, knees, ankles, feet. Fatigue, mild fever, morning stiffness, etc.

I've also had a constellation of other issues that bug me, but I have no clue if the're related. I get lots of headaches. Horrible vertigo. Peripheral neuropathy. I've been told I have IBS all my life. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia at one point. Carpal tunnel. Brain fog. Lots of sore throats. Told I have tendonitis in the wrists, and tennis elbow. I've had kidney stones several dozen times. I'm also bipolar and Aspergers.

So at the appointment with the general doctor on 8/24, I got blood results back with ANA - Positive, Sed rate of 32, RF of 19, neg Anti-DNA.

Had an appointment with a rheumatologist last week, he had them take 16 vials of blood. He was supposed to call me back several days ago, and he hasn't and I'm kind of frustrated. I went and got my blood test results from the VA, but I'd love some interpretation help?

Only posting the abnormal results. Some things appear to have changed between blood tests. (ANA is neg this time?) Sed rate is normal this time, but that is after 6 weeks of daily NSAIDS. Don't know if that matters.

MCV and MCH are low (but only minorly)
RDW and MPV are high by a few points
CL.PTT is slightly high (I can't even figure out what this is?)
Total plasma slghtly high
Glucose, sodium and potassium very slightly low. (By like 1-2 points).
Sed rate normal now. (13). Was 32 when originally tested.
Anti-RNP high - 1.3 with range 0-0.9
CCP is normal. (I know this one is really specific for RA.)
ANA negative this time
C-reactive protein is high. 14.8 mg/L with >3.0mg/L being high.

Am I looking at RA? I see that AntiRNP is a marker for MCTD but I'm not sure if that matters when all the lupus ones are negative? I don't know. Help?

Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-24-2012, 10:27 PM   #2
(female)

mctdonna HB Usermctdonna HB User
Re: Help! What's wrong with me?

hi, your blood tests will change over years and months relax, your symtoms are real, i have had them appear and disappear, some times it is the person doing the test.....did you see rhummy? that wasnt clear, rnp is a marker for mctd but you need 4 or 5 others to go with i beleive...i am not a doc but i do know my tests went like that for a couple of years it is *** the enitys trying to be boss tehee, just relax you will get answers but be your own advocate keep track in a book every day how you feel where it hurts they will be inpressedand have to followup.....go to docs every time you have a problem.....good luck im with you if you need to talk. steriods dont let you sleep much!!!!

Reply Reply