It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autoimmune Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2012, 06:45 PM   #1
(male)

captaindan HB User
Sound like autoimmune?

I'm a 25 year old male. About a year and a half ago, I came down with an illness. I believe it was mono or strep throat. I haven't felt quite right since then, and I'm wondering if I have an autoimmune disorder.

My symptoms:
joint pain
painful lymph nodes*
soreness inside nostrils
occasionally peeling skin on palms and soles of feet
occasionally irregular bowel movements
occasional lower back pain

*The lymph nodes sometimes swell a little and go back down, but they're usually not swollen (at least not to a noticeable degree) when I feel random jolts of pain. They're located in my neck, armpits, and groin.

To be honest, I'm a little worried about the lymph nodes. However, I've read that if they were cancerous, they'd generally be painless and would grow progressively larger. Mine are tender, soft, and have stayed more or less the same for the last year. Should I be concerned?

I had some blood tests done a few months ago, and all my results were normal. However, my thyroid levels were at the high cut-off end of normal. Wondering if hyperthyroidism could be causing this?

I'd like to see a rheumy, but I'm unemployed and without insurance so unable to pay for a barrage of tests.

Thoughts?

Last edited by captaindan; 11-05-2012 at 06:50 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-15-2012, 04:48 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User
Re: Sound like autoimmune?

Dan, hi, I'm sorry you're having problems. Is there a hospital nearby with a dept. you could consult, to find out if any drs. there work out payment plans with patients? Or pose the question to the dr. who did the tests several months ago?

I hope others can add more suggestions, too! Wishing you good luck, sincerely, Vee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply