It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autoimmune Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2012, 07:33 PM   #1
(female)

klkresak HB User
Smile normal TSH and high thyroidperioxidase and abnormal thyroid ultrasouond

Hi there - Newbie here -
To start - Aug 3rd had a Lap assist vag Hysterectomy for related s/s. Dx Endometriosis - was a surprise, Ovarian cellular Fibroma which the ultrasound only said I had a fluid filled cyst. So I am healed by that. Now to the ongoing s/s

My hair is all around my fingers when I comb my fingers thru my hair after I washed it and then throughout the day I keep finding hair on my arms and the rest of my body.
My thyroid perioxidase was 128
THS was normal 2.5
T4 0.9 normal ends at 0.8

I have been gaining weight after my Hysterectomy so with having to find a new PCP as new absolute wonderful ( I'm not kidding ) PCP left her practice - I found a new PCP she is really nice. She looked at my labs and ordered a thyroid ultrasound. Also, In July I had Nodular Episcleritis my eye doctor suggested that I may have a an AutoImmune D. I do have Rosacea and Raynaud's

Ultrasound results are Grossly heterogeneous hypoechoic nodules of the thyroid gland. 7 nodules ranging from 3mm to 7mm and two sub-5mm that are hypoechoic exotextured.

I have my first ENDO apt dec 19th. father has Hypothyroidism at 83 yo

Any ideas?

thanks a bunch

Old 11-16-2012, 05:47 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User
Re: normal TSH and high thyroidperioxidase and abnormal thyroid ultrasouond

Hi, klkresak, and welcome. I'm only a patient, of course, but I'm glad you're seeing an endocrinologist soon. A close friend had abnormal thryoid ultrasounds earlier this year (like you, multiple nodules), then biopsy as the next step. (Turned out fine, a little "ouchy" though). I seem to remember her "echoic" ultrasound description helped determine that a biopsy was a good next step, just to make sure. Well, she resisted big-time, so we all yammered until she followed thru. She was told thyroid nodules are very common, and that most are benign. So if biopsy is suggested, I hope you can just go thru it, as a matter of course.

Have you visited the thyroid board? I imagine nodules & tests are frequent subjects there, with more details available.

Re: your eye doctor's comments, what's nodular episcleritis?

Have you had a full array of autoimmune tests done? If not & depending on your endocrinology results, you could ask about seeing a rheumatologist. My sister & I had some overlapping symptoms: she was dx'ed with Hashimoto's, I with lupus. I had photosensitive rashes on arms/back, but never a malar (the butterfly), which I think can resemble roscea to the naked eye. She gained weight, I lost. We both lost hair big-time. Our mother had truly amazing Raynaud's: her hands went red, white & blue after a quick reach into the freezer... but I think Raynaud's is possible in multiple conditions, though.

A phrase keeps running thru my mind: Oh, what a tangled web we weave... but in this case, not by "deceiving" but by having symptoms that can suggest multiple possbilities. I hope your doctors start by looking broadly, not narrowly, and that something above suggests more areas for you to read & post about before your appt. Or anytime, actually! Post more when you can, OK? Sending you warm wishes, sincerely, Vee

P.S. I lived in Pittsburgh & will always miss it. I think you have many fine doctors in your area, so that's a good thing, for sure. Bye again, V.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply