It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autoimmune Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2012, 04:08 PM   #1
(female)

Blondie3412 HB User
Unhappy Symptoms are what I got...

Hello everyone. My name is Yvette and I am still looking for answers as to what is medically wrong with me.

Many people keep pointing me towards lupus based on my symptoms.However, I had a negative ANA recently, as my doc was thinking possibly the same thing so she ordered blood work.

-I have had the butterfly rash for many years now. It is the only reason I wear make up, to cover the redness.
-I keep getting small very dry patches of reddish skin that take forever to heal. I have had it in numerous places on my body at different times.
- I keep getting sores in my mouth. Some are tiny clear 'blisters', others are whitish. I also get what look like cold sores numerous times per year.
-I have extreme fatigue that comes and goes, along with the joint pain.
-I have joint pain that comes in waves. It will be gone for a few weeks, then returns with a fury.
-Sometimes my hands do not do what I want them to do or I have a weak grip. As if the muscles are not responding correctly.
-I have edema, especially in my legs and ankles/feet. When a wave of symptoms is raging, the swelling can get to my abdomen and hands as well.
-Sunlight either gives me a wonderful bright red face, or makes me feel overheated, nauseous and tired. I sunburn in a matter of minutes.
-I lose my train of thought more and more often – even in the middle of a sentence.
-I cannot remember the names of everyday things a lot. I can be looking right at something and be unable to recall its name.
-Vision is getting blurry again. (I have been diagnosed with Hypertropia by my eye doctor. Had surgery on left eye to correct alignment in May 2012. Now it seems as if the right eye is having problems….I notice in pictures it appears to be out of alignment or just looks like I have it wide open compared to the left one..)
-Headaches often – migraine range. This had not been as frequent after my eye surgery, but now they are slowly coming back.
- There are many days, it comes and goes, where I feel as if I am getting the "flu". I get body aches, headache, etc. Yet never get the flu, just all the physical pain.

Thank you for making it this far.... lol

I am sure there are things I have missed, but this is the gist of it.. I see a rheumatologist on Dec. 6, so we shall see if he can help....

Glad to be here!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-14-2012, 09:45 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

luca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB User
Re: Symptoms are what I got....

There is such a thing as negative ANA lupus. The Lupus board has some excellent stickies loaded with information. In the mean time, hugs and keep us posted.

Old 11-15-2012, 03:40 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User
Re: Symptoms are what I got...

Hi. I just want to wish you luck with your rheumatology appointment. I saw several, and other "ologists", too. One thing my "good" rheumatologist asked me to do, which I'd never been asked before, was to write in advance my LIFETIME medical history IN MY OWN WORDS. I kept it simple, less than a page, abbreviations & sentence fragments.

I think you pretty much have such a list already = what you just posted! Maybe you could add rough dates, as those could help dr. tell if your symptoms have broadened over time. I did like you did, by symptom, with rough date spans on each, and quick comments on frequency & duration. You could take 2 copies; ideally, if dr. sees you referring to it, he/she will ask for a copy.

I remember my first appt. vividly. after 10+ years, because no dr. had asked me to write my own history (usually I crammed nonsense onto THEIR intake forms, as best i could). And no doctor had demanded a LIFETIME history, which can be especially meaningful (in lupus, for one example). And no doctor was as prepared for me to arrive as this one was: he had his questions lined up, also a list of tests he already knew he wanted to run. In short, it was a textbook approach---and I hope you find your appt. just as logical.

Let us know how you're doing in the meantime & what happens, OK? Wishing you good luck and answers. Sincerely, Vee

Reply Reply