It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autoimmune Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2012, 08:26 PM   #1
(female)

Tammy112 HB User
Assistance with Diagnosis

They have been trying to diagnose for a year and a half. They thought perhaps Lupus, maybe RA and now polymyositis. We have been in the ER so many times with her having severe chest pains. The ER is the ones that say polymyositis. These are her positive high low labs over the last year an a half.

Alanine Aminotransferase Low 12
Aldolase Elevated
ANA Positive 1.8
Lymphocytes High 5.24
Lymphocytes High 3925 (850-3900) cells/ul) H (Absolute)
Lymphocytes High in general
CPK Elevated
CRP Elevated 13
CRP Elevated 21.9
IGA Low 64
IGA Low 68
IGA Low 70
IGA Slightly Low
IGG Positive VCA Ab
IGG Positive EBNA
Glucose High 103
Alkaline Phosphatase Low 48
Alkaline Phosphatase Low 55
Alkaline Phosphatate Low 55
Monocytes High 1.18
Parvovirus previous infection
Pncumococcal antibodies Low 3/subtypes protective
Blood Urea Nitrogen Low 6
Sed Rate Low 2
Vit D Low 17.4
Vit D Low 20
Hematocrit High 44.1

Any help is so very much apprecaited!!!

Old 12-06-2012, 01:46 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User
Re: Assistance with Diagnosis

Tammy, hello and welcome! I'm only a patient, so please read in that light.

When abnormalities are found in basic labs, and ANA is elevated, and symptoms are present, I'd see a rheumatologist. While ER doctors are wonderful at trauma and emergencies, they just aren't as equipped to call for, let alone to interpret, the more specialized tests needed for the conditions you list (RA, lupus & polymyositis).

I believe lung problems are possible in all 3, including such things as pleurisy, pneumonia, interstitial lung disease, pulmonary hypertension, "shrinking lung", and embolisms (blood clots).

Heart problems, too, such as myocarditis (heart muscle inflammation), etc.

More general chest pain, too, from such things as acid reflux (causes esophageal pain), costochondritis (inflammation of sternum), fluid build-up around the heart, etc.

Finally, muscle inflammation from inflammatory myositis or dermatomyositis, can cause permanent muscle weakness. This can require steroids & can be serious.

For all these reasons, I hope you see a rheumatologist soon. There are separate boards for Lupus, Arthritis, and Myositis you could also visit. I hope you post updates when you have the time. Wishing you much better days ahead, sincerely, Vee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-17-2012, 07:41 PM   #3
(female)

Tammy112 HB User
Re: Assistance with Diagnosis

Thank you so much for your reply. We are seeing a Rheumatologist but she can’t really help when my daughter is having severe chest pain. I am checking around some and thought maybe she should see a pulmonologist for the chest pain. She did see a neurologist this week and he said she has muscle damage but we haven’t heard anything else as of yet. I will post any updates I have and will continue to review these post to see what others advise. Thank you,

Reply Reply