It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autoimmune Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2013, 11:28 AM   #1
(female)

beauty12 HB User
Autoimmune diseases!! :( please help!!

Hi all ill keep it short an quick i found out at age 19 i have osteoarthritis l3 l4 l5 an i also have had alot!!!! of tummy troubles that i paid no attention to years ago but...yesterday as a lovely bday present( NOT!) ..... I got told i have chronic gastritis, prenicious anemia an i am Lactose intolerant which explains all the tummy troubles! Im told it is caused by an auto immune disease!! They seem to be all linked, all the diseases i have. as usual all doctors want to do is give me drug after drug an i am just not interested!! i want to go the natural way if possible!! i am only 25 years old and to young for all these medications to be entering my body! surely that cant be good when i want to start a family in a few years ?...i would like any advice if anybody is going through the same thing or can help in anyway what so ever....i never get on these forums but i am desperate to find answers. I feel so fatigue an can barely get out of bed everyday to go to work. PLease help if you have any information. Many many thanks!!

The following user gives a hug of support to beauty12:
sweetpotato13 (01-12-2013)
Old 01-12-2013, 05:33 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User
Re: Autoimmune diseases!! :( please help!!

Hi and welcome! I'm just a patient, but here are things I'd seriously consider, if I were you.

AUTOIMMUNE DISEASES. Which one(s) were diagnosed or suggested as possibilities? Unfortunately some do require meds, there's no way around that, really. The reality is that some AI's can, over time, take down major organs, and that's NOT a good thought.

DOCTORS. What kinds have you seen? GP's? Rheumatologists? Gastros? Hematologists?

PERNICIOUS ANEMIA. What was recommended? Monthly B-12 shots?

LACTOSE INTOLERANCE. What's causing? If Celiac disease is the sole cause, I think the remedy for Celiac is strict dietary changes, not meds.

OSTEOARTHRITIS. I see that term as meaning run-of-the-mill arthritis, not "inflammatory arthritis". I'd want to know if "inflammatory arthritis" was tested for and ruled out! For example, if your tests showed elevated ANA (anti-nuclear autoantibody), elevated sedimentation rate (ESR), or elevated C-reactive protein (CRP), I'd see those findings as possibly suggesting conditions that typically require treatment.

MEDS. Which were suggested? (I'd feared big meds, but I've been lucky & only need an mild antimaliarial---in other words, no big deal.)

I'm not trying to dismiss your concerns about meds, etc., just encouraging you to ask questions about your diagnoses, to read, and to not make up your mind prematurely about anything. That's because I was dx'ed with lupus in my mid-40's after decades of problems, which was ridiculous. You're so young. I want you to GRAB everything that could help get back on track.

I hope you post more and that others here chip in---we're always here when you feel like talking. With hugs & my best wishes, Vee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-12-2013, 06:27 PM   #3
(female)

beauty12 HB User

thankyou for your quick reply Vee
The auto immune disease i have atm are the pernicious anemia an chronic gastritis i was told is auto immune disease as well.....she is testing now to see if i have rheumatoid arthritis as they all connect up....i will find out on friday.
I have only ever seen GP'S As yesterday was the first time this doctor actually had me go for a colonscopy to see what was wrong! thank goodness she did! She has not mentioned yet about the pernicious anemia about shots just yet when i go back on friday she is sending me to a dietician she will proberly let me know then. i just got told im moderate Lactose intolerant i dont have celiac that was tested an ruled out.Nexium 40mg was one of the medications.I am definately considering looking around as these are all rather serious....i just hate the fact of putting something in my body that can possibly make it worse anyways. i guess im just so emotional right now an extremely exhausted its just hard/ expensive to start the process of finding a decent nautropath someone who knows about all of this an can help me....
I am scared that these diseases can start attacking my organs! I just want to feel amazing again!!! appriciate your advice

Old 01-12-2013, 06:34 PM   #4
(female)

benjii HB User

I would find a dietician through your insurance company. There is an elimination diet called FODMAP and it has a lot of variety of chocies. FODMAP is an acronym and I can't remember what it means, but it is basically starches and sugars. This diet is Gluten and Lactose free, but you can have peanut butter if you like that. But your stomache will tell you. There are a lot of Gluten and Lactose free products out there now. I don't think I would let the word autoimmune word scare you. Keep me posted.

Old 01-12-2013, 06:38 PM   #5
(female)

benjii HB User

Also, I would try to heal more naturally than taking any kinds of drugs. I am struggling with IBS and am using the FODMAP diet and feel so much better. I also have been using essential oils. Peppermint essential oil really helps with stomache upset.

Reply Reply