It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autoimmune Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2013, 02:43 PM   #1
(female)

Mugsysmon HB User
Relapsing poly chondrites

Has anyone had this diagnosis? Mine has always been confined to one ear. It is an inflammation of the cartilage. The ear will be swollen and red ( not the earlobe since there's no cartilage there) and will start to itch and weep clear fluid. It lasts from few days to couple weeks, then goes away. ENT Dr said he could put me on steroids but would not bode well with my psych meds and increase anxiety/irritability.
Anyone familiar with this condition. It apparently can affect any cartilage...joints, spine, trachea, etc.

Old 02-08-2013, 05:26 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User
Re: Relapsing poly chondrites

Hi. I haven't had this personally but know someone with lupus who used to get something that *may* be somewhat akin. I *think* hers started with the red & inflamed cartilage, then progressed to the weepy stage, then to a crusty brown stage---and that it itched throughout. Does that description ring any bells with you?

Also, have you asked whether this ear misery is associated with any specific condition or conditions? Sympathetically, Vee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply