It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

3 1/2 Months Post Op Level 3 ACDF With Plates and Screws.

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-16-2017, 04:33 AM   #1
BuggysMimi72
(female)

BuggysMimi72 HB User
Unhappy 3 1/2 Months Post Op Level 3 ACDF With Plates and Screws.

Hi, im a new member to the group i have some questions about the recovery time. I know that each and every person's body reacts differently but when i first came home from the hospital right after my Surgery i felt great, but maybe 2 weeks after being home and following Dr's order's it was like the Shocking pain in my shoulder blade and the muscle spasms in my forearm came back with a vengeance. Pain in my neck is not as bad but it's come back as well as the very painful cramps that in my right hand. I thought that it would be all over and i could get out of the house and go back to work like a normal person or like i was before my accident but its hard now for me to write without my hand continuing to just do its own thing. And as much as i love my air conditioning Omg i can hardly stamd for it to be on now at all because the moment i start to get a chill im like the tin man without the oil. I know that im ranting but i just feel relieved that there are other ppl out here that is or have gone through with what im dealing with!!!

As if that wasnt enough now i can only stay up on my legs for a few hours at a time or they feel as if they may give out, any ideas what that may be coming from? Im getting Depressed again as i was before my Surgery. Can anyone give me some insight as to what to do now? Anything. Would be appreciated.

Last edited by Administrator; 07-16-2017 at 06:02 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to BuggysMimi72:
momzworkin (07-20-2017)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2017, 08:13 AM   #2
teteri66
Senior Veteran
(female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User
Re: 3 1/2 Months Post Op Level 3 ACDF With Plates and Screws.

Welcome to the board. When was the last time you saw your surgeon? Did you mention the feeling in your legs? Hard to say what is causing the reoccurrence of your symptoms, but It should be checked out by your surgeon. I would make an appointment and go back in even if you aren't scheduled to see the surgeon at this point. Sometimes tissue becomes inflamed and it puts pressure on the nerves. But it could be other things, too.

The leg thing might indicate that there is some pressure on the spinal cord that was not there previously. It can cause the legs to feel like jelly, or heavy or tingling. You may need a new MRI to figure out what is going on.

Reply Reply