It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

Hello Everyone - Sciatica/Left Leg ... any hope?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-12-2017, 08:35 PM   #1
Chubby99
(female)

Chubby99 HB User
Hello Everyone - Sciatica/Left Leg ... any hope?

Hello Everyone...I am new to this message board. I hope everyone is well -

my health problem is Sciatica/Left Leg....any hope? Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-13-2017, 08:39 AM   #2
teteri66
Senior Veteran
(female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User
Re: Hello Everyone - Sciatica/Left Leg ... any hope?

Yes, there is hope. First, welcome to the board. Before being able to offer some suggestions, it would be helpful to have more information. Have you had back problems in the past (other than the occasional muscular back pain)?

Sciatica is a term used to describe pain and symptoms that arise from irritation or compression of the sciatic nerve. The sciatic nerve is the longest nerve in the body other than the spinal cord. It originates in the lower lumbar/sacral area where it branches in two -- each branch runs down the back of each leg. It can be caused by a variety of things like injury, poor posture, muscle imbalances, etc. It can be caused by issues of the spine like disc herniation, spondylolisthesis, etc.

Most sciatic pain can be cleared up in a matter of weeks, but sometimes it becomes chronic.

If you have looked online, you will see there are so many various products, videos, supplements, etc that "guarantee" to clear up sciatic pain. Buyer beware! Very few are worth your money.

Old 08-13-2017, 10:23 AM   #3
quincy
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

Are you seeing a doctor or chiropractor for it?

q

Old 08-16-2017, 02:38 PM   #4
melody84
(female)

melody84 HB Usermelody84 HB User

Hi there! Sciatica/Right Leg. I've had surgery (microdiscectomy L5-L6 extra vertebra). There is absolutely hope. After surgery, my pain went from off the charts to next to none for 5 years. I was able to return to normal activity levels. I have flare ups of pain from my degenerating disc, but my good months outnumber the bad months. There are a lot of treatments for this condition and sometimes sciatic pain will go away without serious treatments. Hang in there! You are not alone. Message me if you want to chat.

Reply Reply