It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2003, 05:06 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Mary Anne9998 HB User
LESI injections today and Good and Bad News

Well finally got to the long awaited appointment of getting an X-ray and what I thought was going to be a one shot epidural. Instead it was four shots, done with floriscopie(don't even know how to spell that one!!) That was 12 hours ago and still walking with a cane because legs are like rubber and have to keep my knees locked or they will buckle. Made my husband help me into the basement where the computer is to post this-LOL.
The doctor gave me good and bad news. The 2,3,4 lumbars are perfect for IDET and he is bumping up my next appointment to get the ball rolling for the surgery and depending on how the insurance pays for it, might have one , then the other two done, or the other way around. Bad news is the L5-S1, which is the very first one I had trouble with 6 years ago can't be helped with IDET, because of all stupid things, it is surrounded with arthritis!!!!My husband and I both about fell on the floor because no one, I repeat, NO ONE has said a freeking word all these years aobut that to us. Now it makes sense on how I have felt. Anyway after all the IDET's are done will have to have either a 3rd or 4th surgery and have a fusion done on it, and that is why he is wanting to get the IDET's started becaus elooks like it will be a long year next year.
But I can't believe no one has said anything to me about that!!! Maybe if something had been done 6 or even 4 years ago, it wouldn't be this bad. I was so mad I cried all the way home, 50 miles!!! And then off and on all day, and think I have it all out of my system for now at least.
Well my time is up and the "husband" warden is back and making me go back upstairs for the night. Maybe if I can I will be back on tomorrow or the next day.
Thanks tomorrow for all your kind thoughts, and prayers, they helped I am sure. Pay no mind to misspelled words, got to be the pain killers I have pumped all day-TeeHee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-05-2003, 06:23 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

MarianJ HB User
[CENTER][COLOR=Purple][B]Hello MaryAnne,[/CENTER]
[INDENT]I am so sorry I missed this post yesterday. OMG, you had to go through four shots...
And here you are at your pc and I was posting to you on my thread telling you not to go downstairs and stay upstairs and rest. Well, I guess it's a little to late for that as you sound just as determined as I.[/INDENT][INDENT]I really am at a loss for words on what to say concerning your good and bad news from your doctor. I feel so very bad for you. I can only imagine how devastated you are at this time. [/INDENT][INDENT](only my opinion)
When it comes to injury's of our spine we the patients rely on the doctor's. We rely on them because they are the ones that are educated and trained in this field. We try and follow their methods of treatment and do their suggested procedures in hoping to elevate our pain without causing more damage. Overall, We put our trust in them....
These doctor's really need to learn how to communicate better with the patient and allow more time with the patient rather that a 15 minute visit. You know the ones that you wait an hour or so to see the doctor, and he comes in an out within 10 minutes.[/INDENT][INDENT]I am so upset that you were not told about the arthritis. This is your body and you should have been told. But I can't keep going on because this won't be making you feel any better. I am hear any time you need to chat. Please get the rest that you do need.[/INDENT]
[CENTER] You are in my prayers, as always. [/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Last edited by MarianJ; 11-05-2003 at 06:25 PM.

Old 11-05-2003, 07:23 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Mary Anne9998 HB User
Thanks Tomorrow.
Am doing alot better today and am going back to work tomorrow. Am tired tonight but at least my legs work today better. Spent the day getting stuff ready for a bazaar my sister and I are going to have a table(actually ended up with 3 table spaces because we have so much to take).
It just all makes so much more sense now that I know it is arthritis. How I feel. How sometimes it hurts and I think oh great get ready for a real blow out of my back only to have it fade away to the normal pain level the next day. But now I need to research about the arthritis in the spine as well as the discs, since I have two things going on. Am going to aggressively check into disability at least short term if there is such a think in the postal service. Just check out all my options and be ready ahead of time. But really am doing much better today and am not going to overdue, I have learned I can't. Am heading to bed now.
Thanks for replying.

Old 11-07-2003, 08:53 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

MarianJ HB User
[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][B][CENTER]Hello MaryAnne,[/CENTER][/B]
[INDENT]I am glad to hear that you are doing better than yesterday. Sounds like you and your sister have a lot of work to do for the bazaar. Good Luck...

With everything that will be going on with you in the next year it seems that looking into temporary disability might be an option for you. Sorry but I am not knowledgeable in that field but I hope that you are eligible for the assistance. [/INDENT]
[B] I hope today is a much brighter day for you. [/B][/COLOR]

Last edited by MarianJ; 11-07-2003 at 08:54 AM.

Old 11-07-2003, 09:24 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Mary Anne9998 HB User
Hello Tomorrow

Well made two calls yesterday and left voice mails, no call backs. Made two this mroning and left voice mails for two different people, as of yet no call backs. Jerks, isn't anyone working????
Feeling better today, must be the medicine they use in the injections. Wish they could make a permanent injection that worked!!!
Have a great weekend.
Mary Anne

Old 11-08-2003, 05:08 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

MarianJ HB User
[COLOR=SeaGreen][B][CENTER]Good Morning MaryAnne,[/CENTER][/B]
[INDENT]Yes, it would be terrific if they would make an injection that worked permanently. I am happy to hear that the injection is starting to give you some pain relief. At least some of that suffering that you had to go through might pay off. I pray that you get the continued relief from your injection.[/INDENT]
[B][CENTER] Have a great day [/CENTER][/B][/COLOR]

Closed Thread