It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2003, 12:59 PM   #1
(female)

puddinhd58 HB User
Four Level Cervical Fusion

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=7][COLOR=Navy]
Hello Everyone,
I am new on this site. I have just been told that I need a four level cervical fusion.
Of course I am quite shook up over this news. I am going to get a second opinion, however the neuro surgeon I went to is top notch.
I guess my biggest fear is the idea that they will move my esoghagus and windpipe during surgery which may cause problems afterwords.
Also, the pain right after surgery and the thought that I may be intubated?
Does anyone have experience with this?
Thanks for any response.
Kathy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-29-2003, 01:39 PM   #2

hoybabe HB User
Re: Four Level Cervical Fusion

[QUOTE=puddinhd58][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=7][COLOR=Navy]
Hello Everyone,
I am new on this site. I have just been told that I need a four level cervical fusion.
Of course I am quite shook up over this news. I am going to get a second opinion, however the neuro surgeon I went to is top notch.
I guess my biggest fear is the idea that they will move my esoghagus and windpipe during surgery which may cause problems afterwords.
Also, the pain right after surgery and the thought that I may be intubated?
Does anyone have experience with this?
Thanks for any response.
Kathy[/QUOTE]
Hey Kathy..my name is cyndi, I had surgery sept 10th for neck fusion at c5,6 and c5,7 . They did move my esoghagus and all over but it really wasn`t that bad. I was in pain after but they gave me meds for that. the neck brace isn`t really uncomfortable. Just a little. I still have probs with my neck muscles but the doc says that will get better with time. I will never be like I was but at least my right arm is out of pain and my neck sorta. It was worht the surgery though.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread