It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2003, 10:53 AM   #1
(female)

sroman127 HB User
Exclamation New here and have questions

I am new here, usually I am on the board with the cervies! I have had surgery in Feb. on C5-6 without fusion. I have had pain issues with my legs since my surgery mainly in the calves. About a month ago, I started having lower back pain. My neuro said he did not want to have an MRI done based on one episode of pain. Well, now I am in what is my third flare up of lower back pain. Every time I get it its worse than the time before. My lower back really hurts, and also I have found that my lower abdomen is hurting also. It seems to just wrap around from my back to the front. It hurts to stand, sit, walk, lay down. Sometimes when I am walking or going to get up out of a chair, I get a bad pain and feel like one spot on my left side of my back locks up for a few seconds. When I run my hand down along my spine it seems like the spot where the pain is originating I can feel like a lump or it is bigger. Can anyone help me with this, any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have never dealt with lower back problems before. I called my neuro on Tuesday and he was supposed to call me back, well I am still waiting!

Old 11-22-2003, 08:12 PM   #2
(female)

sroman127 HB User
Re: New here and have questions

Hello, anyone out there who can help me?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-22-2003, 09:22 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

carol632 HB User

[QUOTE=sroman127]Hello, anyone out there who can help me?[/QUOTE]

I can't tell you what is going on with your back, but I would most definitely call your doctor or Monday, and insist on having an MRI...there is no sense in putting it off if the pain is getting worse and this is the third episode. This is a case of being a squeaky wheel and getting the oil! Hold your ground and let him know you don't want to play around with this. I wish I knew something more to tell you, but can only wish you luck.
Carol
morphine pump

Old 11-22-2003, 09:24 PM   #4
(female)

sroman127 HB User

Thank you for replying! That in itself helps!

Closed Thread