It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2003, 03:08 PM   #1

lucyvanpelt3 HB User
Time Off from Job, Years?!

Sorry about this repeat. I see that posters should start their own thread, and not enter someone elses'.

Any feedback would be welcome - my worst fear? Being disabled and away from work "too" long while waiting on the WC system.

My company (the same one that Dilbert works for) implemented a computer program that required at least 5x the amount of data input vs. the former program. As per large companies, no ergonomic studies were done for those inputting and manipulating the data, and I'm one of those "data input/use Excel and create those reports" workers that ended up with fingers that don't work on neurological command anymore.

I note that a lot of people list their stories and progress at the bottom of their posts. I'll have to read up on my MRI studies. I do have stenosis, an impingement syndrome in my shoulders, and neurological damage showing on my MRI. Being the exceptional person that I am , I have stenosis in my neck and my back.

This is my second time off work on WC, and I know there's no going back until surgery is done. I have no reason to pretend over my pain, as I changed doctors and FOUGHT to go back to work after the first WC doctor took me off work. And yes, the first doctor was right --- I'm only getting worse.

I feel at a loss, in that my spinal and shoulder pain cause sleeping problems, so, it's harder to think and concentrate.

I do not want to lose my job, be unable to pay my rent, or face such an uncertain future.

I tried a search on the boards to find people who have been off work and returned, but, "every case is different." sigh.

I've had eight MRIs, three epidurals, and I take Vioxx (25mg) daily. Yes, I do have a WC attorney, and she does respond to my concerns. Beware of turning 40! That's when your body starts letting you know about wear and tear.

08/01/01 Fingers do not respond to brain command, neck, back,
shoulder, lower leg pain (stinging and throbbing)
10/2001 Removed from Work
07/2002 Changed doctors, returned to work
09/2003 Fingers, hands, wrists are numb, neck, shoulder, back pain,
removed from work

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread