It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2003, 07:24 PM   #1

coolguy0213 HB User
Tailbone

Hi, well I injured my tailbone about 10 months back in January and it hasn't healed since. I fell on it during basketball and then it started hurting. It went away but then I got kicked in it. The same thing happened and I actually got kicked one more time in like May. The pain hasn't went away since no matter how hard I try not to sit on it. It goes down to a certain extent, but just won't go away. Does anybody have any suggestions or clues what this pain might be or something I can do about it?

Old 11-28-2003, 07:04 AM   #2
Inactive

out2lunch HB User
Re: Tailbone

How the heck did you get kicked there?? Not my business sorry LOL!!
Anyway, have you thought of asking your dr for an MRI to see if you've herniated a disc?? I have herniated discs in the lumbar area, and suffer with pain in the hips, butt, tailbone, and legs!! It's something to rule out anyway!! It's always better safe then sorry! Take care!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-28-2003, 05:36 PM   #3
Inactive

mokita HB User
Re: Tailbone

Hi there!

It could be a displaced coccyx...which w/b evident w/ an xray. If that is what this is....you're not going to like this, but....I had a displaced tailbone...and had 2 caudal steroid injections which helped tremendously w/ my sitting time...and ~ are you ready? ~ manual manipulation. Yep. But, it worked.

I have very little discomfort there anymore...and it was quite uncomfortable. The worst part was, every once in awhile, an extremely sharp pain would shoot into tailbone. That would only last a few seconds, but would catch me so off-guard that I wouldn't move for a few minutes after...or move extra careful.

Out2Lunch c/b right, too. You could have a problem w/ the lower discs. In that case, an MRI w/b best bet. But...a good start w/b the xray.

Have you spoken to a doc about this yet? The caudal injection was very painful for me...the first of two anyway. But...I believe that's bcuz I had problems for over 3 yrs by that point...so the inflammation had to be great. The 2nd injection went w/out a hitch and I don't regret it one bit. My doc that did the manips assured me that there was good movement on the coccyx and hopefully, that will be the end of my tailbone prob. No pun intended!

Good luck. Let us know how you make out.

Karen

Closed Thread