It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2003, 02:06 PM   #1

Simber9 HB User
Any advice

Hi everybody

I just found this forum and am wondering if anybody has any idea of what my back problem might be.

17 years ago I was going uphill on a bike and had to get off, I lifted my right leg up too far as I got off and felt my back go all strange and hurt.

I now suffer the following symptoms:

(1) Pain going up and down my spine at various times of the day.

(2) My spine is painful to touch.

(3) It is painful when I bend forward, backward or sideways.

(4) It hurts when I lift things even if they are very light.

(5) It hurts when I walk.

(6) Pain in the muscles all over my back at various times with no exact pattern.

(7) There is pain at the very top of my spine and also at different parts of the spine at different times.

(8) When I sit down the bottom of my spine hurts. Pain starts in the centre of the spine at the right-hand side of the disc.

(9) The pain in my lower pain eases if I put my legs up at an angle. However, I also have pain in my left hip. When I sit in this manner the pain in my hip increases.

(10) I have pain in my neck which also goes down into the top and even as far as the middle of my spine. I feel a crunching and clicking in my neck. It feels as though the discs are rubbing. If I turn my neck either side there is pain in my neck muscles and in my upper back muscles on the side I turn to.

(11) My back hurts at different places when I get up.

(12) The pain in my neck is getting worse and hurts before the back hurts.

I take 8 Kapake tablets a day which my Doctor tells me is equivalent to two morphine shots a day. I also take three other tablets to kill the pain in my hips.

I am trying to cut down on the tablets due to the obvious damage they do. I find then that I also get a headache in the back of the head.

If anybody could come up with any suggestion I would much appreciate it.

Thanks a lot.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-27-2003, 03:32 PM   #2
Inactive

out2lunch HB User
Re: Any advice

Hi Simber, WELCOME aboard!!! You've come to a great place for info and understanding!!
Have you ever had CTs or MRI scans done on your spine?? I don't want to alarm you, but your symptoms sound alot like mine accept my pain never stops! I was wondering if you might have herniated discs 'cause they cause all the symptoms you speak of! It's worth looking into anyway, scans are always good to make sure there's nothing too serious going on with your back! I hope this helps, take care!!

Old 11-30-2003, 04:16 PM   #3

Simber9 HB User

Hi out2Lunch

Thanks for your reply.

I have never heard of the problem you describe. But to be honest I don't know anything about back problems.

I forgot to mention that the pain in my kneck sometines goes down into my arms, into both the muscles and the bones. Other times it goes into my chest muscles.

I have asked my doctors for a CT or MRI scan on numerous occasions but they always make some excuse. The truth is they will not send me for one because the government here in the UK are spending so much money on penpushers in the National health Service that it is taking the money that should be spent on patients instead. I also think that they don't really believe that my back is as bad as I say. I tell them I injured it getting off a bike and they tell me that the problem is due to my age. I laugh when they say that because I hurt it when I was barely 23. When I told one doctor about the cricking and pain in my kneck he said that we all get that. I know I should change them but they are very good in everything else.

They did sent me to a consultant about 10 years ago, he found a split in a joint but the fool never sent the doctors a report. An osteopath found compressed discs and sprained joints but has been unable to put it right permanently.

Hopefully I will be able to give them some suggestions from people such as yourself and get them moving. Thanks for your help.

Wayne

Old 12-01-2003, 04:46 PM   #4
Inactive

out2lunch HB User

Hi Wayne, I know how you feel when you hear that it's your age!! My dr tried to tell me that when it first happened and continued with that story up until a yr ago LOL!! He told me, either wear and tear on my body, or from child bearing!! Then, when it came to be known that my now 18yr old had the same herniated disc in his back, he couldn't use that excuse!! We were both in the same accident! I just turned to that dr and said "we know it's not wear and tear on his aging 18yr old body, and we sure as hell know he hasn't born any children" LOL!! He didn't know what to say then!!
Is it possible to get a consult with this same dr that noticed a split in the joint?? You could ask him where the report is, and make sure he writes one this time!! It sounds to me like he's the only one that knows how to find what's wrong! He probably just forgot about you, which you can prevent from happening again by nagging him til he writes it LOL! Take care!!

Closed Thread