It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2003, 07:28 AM   #1

Marg001 HB User
Smile Tomorrow?

Tomorrow,
How have you been? I haven't heard from you in a while and I haven't been posting lately, feeling like ****. Have you got the results back yet from your test? Hope everything is okay! Take care!!!
I am editing this because I realize Jeanne that you already know that your glucose is high, but I am wondering if you had any more testing done? Again take good care.

Last edited by Marg001; 11-28-2003 at 12:18 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-03-2003, 07:43 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

MarianJ HB User
Re: Tomorrow?

[COLOR=DarkGreen][B][CENTER]Good Morning Marg,[/CENTER][/B]
[INDENT]Sorry I haven't been around in almost a week. I did cook my Thanksgiving dinner and then I suffered that evening with horrible neck and leg pain. Believe it or not my back wasn't to bad. Then the following day when I tried to go on my computer to come to the boards my pc had a virus. It took me such a long time as I had to reformat my computer and that took days with a bad back and neck. But the pc it up and running I just wish I were too....lol

Thank you so much for the post, as it made my morning to come back here and see that my friends have missed me as well. I haven't gotten the results back from my colonoscopy as my gastro will give them to me on my appointment on the 9th of this month. I still have not scheduled the blood glucose test yet as it is a 3 hour test and I am not looking forward to it. I do have an appointment today with pain management and I have a lot to tell them.

I think this thread is a little weird as it is broken up. I think this is why I cannot find a previous post from another member and one that I had posted.

So how have you been? I hope that you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I had stayed home with my husband and children. We like it best this way and my kids prefer my cooking as we have 3 nights worth of dinners...lol [/INDENT]
[B][CENTER] Jeanne [/CENTER][/B][/COLOR]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-03-2003, 08:02 AM   #3
Inactive

out2lunch HB User

Hi Jeanne, I just wanted to pop in here (hope you don't mind), and welcome you back!! Take care!

Old 12-03-2003, 08:20 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

MarianJ HB User

[COLOR=DarkGreen][B][CENTER]Good Morning Out2Lunch,[/CENTER][/B]
[INDENT]Thanks you so much for the Welcome.... And of course I don't mind, don't be silly.. I have missed everyone.. This is my home away from home. Actually I wish the rest of the world was as friendly as the members of this group. I hope that you have been having some pain free days.

Have a great day[/INDENT]

Old 12-03-2003, 08:34 AM   #5
Inactive

out2lunch HB User

I hope you've been having some pain free/less days too Jeanne!! Though I can only pray for some, as I haven't had any in 7yrs!!
We always worry about our friends here when they disappear for any length of time! I'm so glad to know that you weren't away for anything bad, take care!!
ps..I guess a virus and neck pain is bad isn't it? I think you knew what I meant though right? LOL!

Old 12-03-2003, 02:49 PM   #6

Marg001 HB User

Hi there, Long time no hear. I'm sorry to hear that you have more pain, same story here. Well I finally got some things accomplished. I went to the Ortho Doctor and he has set up an appt for a emg for the nerves in my leg and also a CT scan, but unfortunately there is a long waiting list, doesn't suprise me though! I also went to my GP today I told her that I can't stand this pain anymore that I am not here for the drugs, if you know what I mean, but I can not function anymore. Well needless to say she finally listened to me and prescribed me Oxycontin and this is the first time in a lonnnggg time that I have had any pain relief . I don't feel so bad when I hear of otherpeople like ourselves experiencing the same thing.Well I'm glad your computer is up and running again, aren't they A pain sometimes!!! Look forward in speaking with you again and hope your pain will leave in vain. Take good care!!!
P.S. Don't worry Jeanne I don't think your cracking up!!! LOL!!![QUOTE=Tomorrow][COLOR=DarkGreen][B][CENTER]Good Morning Marg,[/CENTER][/B]
[INDENT]Sorry I haven't been around in almost a week. I did cook my Thanksgiving dinner and then I suffered that evening with horrible neck and leg pain. Believe it or not my back wasn't to bad. Then the following day when I tried to go on my computer to come to the boards my pc had a virus. It took me such a long time as I had to reformat my computer and that took days with a bad back and neck. But the pc it up and running I just wish I were too....lol

Thank you so much for the post, as it made my morning to come back here and see that my friends have missed me as well. I haven't gotten the results back from my colonoscopy as my gastro will give them to me on my appointment on the 9th of this month. I still have not scheduled the blood glucose test yet as it is a 3 hour test and I am not looking forward to it. I do have an appointment today with pain management and I have a lot to tell them.

I think this thread is a little weird as it is broken up. I think this is why I cannot find a previous post from another member and one that I had posted.

So how have you been? I hope that you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I had stayed home with my husband and children. We like it best this way and my kids prefer my cooking as we have 3 nights worth of dinners...lol [/INDENT]
[B][CENTER] Jeanne [/CENTER][/B][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Last edited by Marg001; 12-03-2003 at 02:53 PM.

Old 12-04-2003, 05:41 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

MarianJ HB User

[COLOR=Red][B][CENTER]Good Morning Out2lunch,[/CENTER][/B]
[INDENT]Thank you again for your concern. As for the virus, it was my computer that had it not me...lol Although it probably would have been easier if I had it because I would have just had some more bed rest instead of all the frustration with the pc. I can't believe I am actually saying this...lol

I am sorry that you have so much pain for so long. I noticed that you don't have a signature so I do get confused when replying to certain posts, so please forgive me. I don't always post my sig, usually only once per thread. Having pain for 7 years sounds like torture to me and you are in my prayers. [/INDENT]

Old 12-04-2003, 05:49 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

MarianJ HB User

[COLOR=Red][B][CENTER]Good Morning Marg,[/CENTER][/B]
[INDENT]I'm so happy that you made the doctor's finally listen to you. At least you can now keep your pain under control with your medication's. And finally the testing will be done so you will be able to get a diagnosis. Sometimes you do have to wait for these appointments, but at least you do have the peace of mind knowing that they will be done. As always I wish you the very best.

I see that you are one step ahead of me. I forgot to come back to this thread after making a post on the other thread. I had gotten a little confused as their are 3 threads named tomorrow. However, my brain did start working when I realized that you also started one of these threads. It's good to know that I am not cracking up......[/INDENT]
[B][CENTER] Have a terrific day [/CENTER][/B][/COLOR]

Old 12-04-2003, 07:02 AM   #9

Marg001 HB User

Good Mornin, I must say you always make me laugh, that's a good thing!!If you get a chance to answer this. Yesterday was the first day I started the Oxycontin. I took one at 12:00 noon and by bedtime it had worn off, but for some reason I crashed. I got so depressed and I don't know why, I know my life isn't exactly peaches and cream right now!! Is this a normal reaction to this?? I really hope not. I guess I should put in my profile eh? I guess it would help! You are popular on the board!!! I guess when other people saw me post your board name others followed suit, but that's because you are a wealth of information not to mention also a caring person! I hope you are having a good morning and I'll catch you later.

Last edited by Marg001; 12-04-2003 at 07:04 AM.

Old 12-04-2003, 08:59 AM   #10
Inactive

out2lunch HB User

Morning Jeanne, yes 7yrs is a long time! Especially when dealing with 24/7 pain!!
I knew you were talking about a comp virus LOL, that's why I said it was bad, as well as you not feeling well!! I need to reformat this stupid comp too, at some point!!
I'm not sure what signature you're talking about, but my name's right under each post!! If you're talking about the one that tells all I've been through, I'd need a few pages LOL!! I've been to every kind of dr, had just about every kind of test or med, and surgery isn't an option for me!! I'm on hydromorph contin with percocet for breakthrough, which I have to say doesn't do any better then the oxycontin did!
Anyway, thanks for being such a dear friend, take care!!

Marg, I know exactly what you're going through!! I don't remember how long you've been going through this, but we always get our hopes up when trying something new that it will be the one to work, be it procedures or meds! Once it doesn't work as it's said to, we get down and frustrated!! Especially when we've been told that we'll get better, and the longer it goes on, the more we doubt that!
I thought I was going to passout when they finally told me this was permanent!!
As for the oxycontin, I used to be on that too and it's never lasted the 12hrs they say it will! Your's lasted longer then mine ever did!!
I was on 120mg oxycontin with 6-8 percocet/day!! Both meds would only last 3-4hrs at a time, that's it!! Now I take 48mg hydromorph contin with 2-4 percocets daily, and they each last 3-4hrs!! I really don't think there's such thing as a med that will last 12hrs!
Are you taking anything for breakthrough?? If not, I'd suggest going to your dr and letting him know that it's not lasting long enough and you need something for breakthrough!
Good luck my friend, take care!!

Old 12-04-2003, 02:46 PM   #11

Marg001 HB User

Hi out2lunch,
I have to go to the Doc tomorrow so I will tell her that I am having breakthrough pain. Today was basically the same as yesterday. I can't get in to a pain clinic until May!!! Can you believe that!! Oh well, I kind of was expecting that. I have been going through this pain for a year now, but the pain has gotton worse over the past few weeks, maybe it's the cold weather. Anway take care and I hope your having a good day!!!

Old 12-04-2003, 04:12 PM   #12
Inactive

out2lunch HB User

Hi again Marg, do you know what pain clinic your dr's planning on sending you to? Perhaps you can get on their cancellation list?? I would ask your dr about a pain management dr though, not a clinic! These drs know more about managing your pain, and about chronic pain, then any other dr I've come across!!
Pain clinics usually want to try anything to get you off meds and into just dealing with your new life of pain, which isn't what you need!
Atleast that's the way they are here in Ont. Canada!! I was referred to one, and they wanted me to live there for 3mths so they could "brainwash" me into believing I could live with this! I have 3 kids, so that wasn't an option for me!
I asked my family dr for a pain management dr and have been getting proper treatment eversince!! Before hand, my family dr had me taking so many anti-inflammatories that gave me an ulcer, and so much tylenol that I was risking problems with my liver etc. IMO a pain dr is the best way to go, take care!!

Old 12-05-2003, 05:55 AM   #13

Marg001 HB User

Top of the day out2lunch, You know what I am not even sure if it's a clinic or not, duh? I have to go back and see my GP this morning so I will be asking her. I have heard the same thing about clinics and if that's the case I definately won't be going!!! There is NO way I can live with this pain on a daily basis!!!! If they can fix the problem and the risks aren't to high then I will have the operation, but I don't even know if they can. The waiting is the worse part eh? Oh well there is nothing else I can do so I will just have to wait. I hope you are having a good morning and I'll catch you later. [QUOTE=out2lunch]Hi again Marg, do you know what pain clinic your dr's planning on sending you to? Perhaps you can get on their cancellation list?? I would ask your dr about a pain management dr though, not a clinic! These drs know more about managing your pain, and about chronic pain, then any other dr I've come across!!
Pain clinics usually want to try anything to get you off meds and into just dealing with your new life of pain, which isn't what you need!
Atleast that's the way they are here in Ont. Canada!! I was referred to one, and they wanted me to live there for 3mths so they could "brainwash" me into believing I could live with this! I have 3 kids, so that wasn't an option for me!
I asked my family dr for a pain management dr and have been getting proper treatment eversince!! Before hand, my family dr had me taking so many anti-inflammatories that gave me an ulcer, and so much tylenol that I was risking problems with my liver etc. IMO a pain dr is the best way to go, take care!![/QUOTE]

Old 12-05-2003, 06:24 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

MarianJ HB User

[COLOR=Red][B][CENTER]Good Morning Marg,[/CENTER][/B]
[INDENT]I am happy that I made you laugh... As for the Oxycontin, I had only taken this med right after my fusion surgery. I took this for about 3 weeks along with norco. I was depressed while taking it but, I really can't say if it was the medication, or the pain that made me feel this way. But I have read on different web sites that some patients do experience depression while taking this medication. If you do find yourself becoming seriously depressed I would suggest talking this over with your doctor. I did read the rest of the posts on this thread and I do agree with out2lunch about the pain clinic. I also see a pain management doctor. My neuro surgeon and pain management happen to be in the same office. Pain management doctor's do have the capability of trying so many different method's in elevating pain and controlling your pain. Although what works for some patient's may not work for other's. If you do have a pain management office in your area I think they would better assist you with your pain. I wish you the best of luck at your appointment today.[/INDENT]

Old 12-05-2003, 06:47 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

MarianJ HB User

[COLOR=Red][B][CENTER]Good Morning Out2lunch,[/CENTER][/B]
[INDENT]Okay, so I didn't catch that you new that it was a computer virus, my brain has been running a little slow these days...lol I also had to delete half of my signature as the limit is 500 character's and my original one was so much longer. I can relate to needing more pages...lol As for the Hydromorph Contin, I never even heard of that type of contin. I have heard of the oxy and ms. I can only imagine the pain you suffer and I am sorry that surgery is not an option for you.

The one thing that does worry me is that once our body's need stronger med's and these med's stop controlling our pain, and we increase to stronger meds, what is left for us in our later years... Yes, I think I know the answer to that. HOPE..... I pray that our scientist and doctor's with all their research will find better ways of treating our pain without surgery. Afterall, I did read one thread on these board about the injection called, "Enbrel" and that could very well be a cure for some.

I do wish you some pain relief today and everyday.[/INDENT]

Closed Thread