It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2003, 06:21 AM   #1

Marc_k HB User
Unhappy Strange pain and smell at back of my neck :(

Hi! Im 20 and for some time now im having a strange bad smell at the back of my neck. It happens specially after sleeping at night. And its a very intense and its a kind of bitter smell. I notice it when i smell that zone of my pijama :_(. Also, ive got pain in there. The doctor made me an X-ray and all was OK, so i dont know what could it be..It started 6 months ago, and ive never had this problem before. Im taking Citalopram (antidepressant...but i dont know if it can cause this pain or the smell...)
Please i need some help!
Also, ive got tonsillitis, but i doubt it's related to it.

Thank you!!

(sorry for the bad english)

Old 11-30-2003, 12:33 PM   #2

Marc_k HB User
Unhappy Re: Strange pain and smell at back of my neck :(

No one? :_(. At least tell me what doctor can help me... Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-30-2003, 05:53 PM   #3
(female)

ribbit HB User
Re: Strange pain and smell at back of my neck :(

Hi Mark! You said that the back of your neck hurts as well? Is there any redness or swelling that might indicate infection? Is it warm to the touch? (warmer than other parts of your body?) Sometimes when there is a bad smell to something it can be due to infection. If none of these are present, I am not really sure. If there is pain in your neck you might want to think about going to an orthopedist or back to your regular doctor and ask what the next step might be. If it is mainly the smell that the worst, you might want to think of visiting a dermotoligst. Hope this helps and you are feeling better soon!!!

Old 12-01-2003, 07:52 AM   #4

Marc_k HB User

Thanks a lot for the reply, Ribbit!

Well, the pain is not the main problem, what worries me is the smell...There's no redness or anything...lately im thinking that the cause could be beacuse of sweating at night. But why is my sweat smell so bad in that zone? That's the problem :_(. What doctor can answer me to that? Thanks

Old 12-01-2003, 11:48 AM   #5

irish34 HB User

Marc,
I would try to see a Dermatologist, since they are skin docs. That would probably be your best step, then he/she can refer you to another once a diagnosis is made. How long have you had this? When it began did something change in your everyday life?
Irish34

Old 12-01-2003, 12:00 PM   #6
Inactive

out2lunch HB User

Hi Marc, welcome to the board!! I was just going to suggest the same thing, so don't have anything else to add! Stay intouch and let us know what you learn ok? I've never heard of this before, take care!!

Old 12-01-2003, 03:11 PM   #7

Marc_k HB User
Unhappy Re: Strange pain and smell at back of my neck :(

Thanks for the answers!!

I think im going to the the Dermatologist, and ill tell him/her this problem, let's see how he/she says. By the way...i think more than a skins problem, maybe is a sweat problem...i mean maybe my body is trying to eliminate something by sweating. It could be toxins for example...i dont know. What do you think? Thank you again people!

Old 12-01-2003, 03:28 PM   #8
Inactive

out2lunch HB User

Marc, I suppose that's possible!! The dermatologist should shed some light on it anyway! I wish you luck, take care!!

Closed Thread