It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2003, 09:15 AM   #1

sunnydaz4me HB User
VAX-D and/or ADR

Is there anyone else out there that has tried VAX-D? I have done about 20 sessions and still no relief. I had significant releif after the 3rd session, but then the pain came back and then over did it a few times since...and still having a lot of pain now, maybe even newer types of pain...
I have had surgery before (2002) and the doct. is saying that the scar tissue may be the cause for the extra sessions and that he has seen this before. I am getting concerned as this is my last effort before heading back to the knife. I had the laminecromy/discecromy done in 2002 and now looking into ADR (artificial disc replacement) if this VAX-D doesn't work for me. They say the sucess rate for VAX-D is about 80%..? I have done a bit of research on the ADR, and know that it is not fully approved yet by FDA, they are expecting it to be approved early next year and they have been documenting the results/studies in the past few years in the U.S. The results are mostly positive and hearing about a 75% success rate? The actual disc is called the Charity Disc, as there are a few out there. I know that I qualify for the study/surgery and docts. in CA are waiting for my call to get started...Any experiences you can share would be greatly appreciative...Hanging in there...
Phy Therapy, Chiro, Acupuncture, injections i.e. epidural/trigger pt.
Traction, Massage
Vax-D - 10/03 currently til end of year.
Future? - ADR...?

Old 11-29-2003, 08:37 PM   #2
(female)

isillyme HB User
Re: VAX-D and/or ADR

Hi Sunny
I don't know anything about the VAX-D treatment, however I just had the ADR surgery done in October. Mine was the PRODISC , and this too should be approved by the FDA in 2004 as well. Since I had the surgery my pain levels have improved significantly. The recovery time from this type of surgery varies from people to people, as each of us heal differently. I haven't been able to return to work yet, doctors orders since my job is a 40 hour a week sit down job, and this will add to much pressure for the disc, in this early stage. I did notice that I wasn't having major pain when I started PT last week, and before I had surgery when I left PT I would be in more pain then ever. If you would like more on the ADR surgery let me know, I will be happy to go over this with you.
I hope you have a great weekend

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-01-2003, 08:08 AM   #3
(female)

kmartian HB User
Re: VAX-D and/or ADR

Hi Sunny,
I too had a PRODISC (L5/S1) installed on 9/4/03 and was up and back to work 6 weeks later! (Manager job, involving little lifting, just sitting and walking.) I have minimal pain and few restrictions. Although it was a hard decision to make as this surgery is still not approved, I am so pleased as my quality of life has approved almost 100%. If your doctor feels this is a possible solution to your problem - GO FOR IT!

Kmartian

Closed Thread