It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2003, 07:12 AM   #1

shaunc2345 HB User
Post Coccygeal Injections

Hi,

I have an undiagnosed back complaint. I have had x-ray / MRI etc but nothing has been found yet. The pain I get (along with other symptoms) is in my coccyx area and my consultant has said that he would like to do coccygeal injections.

The procedure is done under a general anaethetic.

I have two questions:

1) I am told that the only risk is infection, does anybody here dispute that or have had any bad problems with it?

2) For the general anaethetic to be admininstered - I have to have a cannula placed in the back of the hand. I have been told by people that this can be very painful. Has anybody here had that done and would they say it was painful?

Thanks

Shaun

Old 12-05-2003, 12:42 AM   #2

shaunc2345 HB User
Re: Coccygeal Injections

I guess nobody here has had this procedure done then?

There must be people who have had a cannula placed for general anaesthetic?

I would really appreciate your input if you have had this done, I know it sounds ridiculous but I have such a phobia of needles - it is worrying me!

Thanks

Shaun

[QUOTE=shaunc2345]Hi,

I have an undiagnosed back complaint. I have had x-ray / MRI etc but nothing has been found yet. The pain I get (along with other symptoms) is in my coccyx area and my consultant has said that he would like to do coccygeal injections.

The procedure is done under a general anaethetic.

I have two questions:

1) I am told that the only risk is infection, does anybody here dispute that or have had any bad problems with it?

2) For the general anaethetic to be admininstered - I have to have a cannula placed in the back of the hand. I have been told by people that this can be very painful. Has anybody here had that done and would they say it was painful?

Thanks

Shaun[/QUOTE]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-05-2003, 04:59 AM   #3
Inactive

mokita HB User
Re: Coccygeal Injections

Shaun,

I just saw your post. I have had 'caudal injections'. They are steroid injections into the caudal area which Did help w/ my coccyx/tailbone pain. But....the anesthesia was not general. General is when they completely knock you out. I w/b very surprised if they would do that for an injection.

Yes, I had the 'in the hand' thing. That is for light sedation and in case they need to get you hooked up to any other fluids/meds.

My first caudal was painful mainly bcuz the inflammation was very severe - had been building up for 3+ years. The second was easier and the combo helped me w/ that pain Tremendously!

Hope this helps a little.

Karen

Closed Thread