It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2003, 10:29 AM   #1
Inactive

mspsub HB User
bhasi

Hello bhasi,

I read in a recent thread that you are concerned with the future of your back. I just thought that I would send a book reference your way. It is the best book a back exercises I have read. I showed to my PT and he bought three for his office.

Spinal Stabilization The New Science of Back Pain by Rick Jemmett, BSc(PT). ISBN: 0-9688715-1-8

I bought it from Amazon:

[COLOR=Red][url removed][/COLOR]

I truly believe that everyone needs to read this book....we only have one back and we all need to protect it!

HTH,

Mark

Last edited by moderator2; 12-02-2003 at 10:47 AM. Reason: Do not post commercial websites here. Only product names are allowed.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-02-2003, 11:20 AM   #2

bhasi HB User
Re: bhasi

Thanks Mark I will have a look at the book you have suggested.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-02-2003, 05:41 PM   #3
Inactive

waves2ya HB User

[QUOTE=mspsub]
... It is the best book a back exercises I have read...[/QUOTE]

Hey's...

Posted some book idea's in a thread called 'post-IDET'; anyhow - don't miss Stuart McGill's "Low Back Disorders". Where Jemmett is king of the TA, RA, and associated exercises (he's been banged up himself!) - McGill's engineering background make for a complete thesis on the lower lumbar. Does a lot of exercise debunking (proper form, etc), as well.

Bhasi - keep us posted on your Ayurvedic exploits...

~waves

Old 12-02-2003, 06:16 PM   #4

bhasi HB User

Well Waves I have already ordered "No More Aching Backs" as suggested by some member in my old thread.

I have already started The treatment from past 10days, and going on with couple of excercise which were taught by Ortho..But my problem is pretty strange as I dont have pain or sharp shooting electric shock kind of experience all the times, its pretty periodic. Pain comes and goes and also I have not really Bed ridden (Thank God) Still I drive to office on my Cranky Two Wheeler and sit for 8-10 hrs at work. Ayurvedic Doc has asked me to undergo a specific therapy which needs me to get admitted for 10days.. As for I have heard about it. Its deals with some Oral Medicine and some Oil bath to lower back with Medicinal properties. Planning to go ahead with this at the last week of december.

However Ortho had given me Vioxx and a Muscle relaxant which I have stopped completly.

Right now I am only reling on Ayurveda Medicine, one a kind of Tonic (Which is so Bitter in taste I had to Vomit it, initially I started taking it. But Now I just Pop a pich of Sugar after taking the tonic)

Also I have been prescribed with couple of Pills.

But I really dont know whats the magnitude and seriousness of my Problem. I have posted my MRI Report in my Old thread, if any can tell me whether I the problem is small or really serious. It will be most helpful to me.

Thanks
Bhasi

Closed Thread