It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2003, 09:12 PM   #1

kaesle HB User
wierd back pain

Hi everyone.
I have been having quite a bit of fatigue in my legs. I have also for the past month or two had back pain. THis is not the "normal" back pain, but it feels like I was punched on every vertibre down my whole spine and so my whole back feels bruised. Then today I was typing and my right pinkie finger started tingling and felt itchy from the inside (I don't know if that even make sense.) It was like this for about 30 minutes.
Along with this stuff, I have been extremely more clumsy then usual, and have noticed I am having trouble speaking, where I seem to tangle my words up.
I am wondering if I could have hurt myself and not known it, or if the bed I am sleeping on is bad for me? Or if it is something worse.

I don't want to overact, but I am scared of what this could be. I have a DR. appointment on friday, but I don't know what to even say beyond explaining my symptoms. I think I am afraid she won't take me seriously because none of these are "concrete" symptoms.
I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas as to what this could be, or any advise for when I go to the DR. I would apprieciate it very much. Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-03-2003, 04:02 AM   #2

Billy33 HB User
Re: wierd back pain

Hey there tried to see your profile
but it told me i couldnt edit your post LOL

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

You do not have permission to access the page that you were trying to. Are you trying to edit someone else's post or trying to access administrative features? Check that you are allowed to perform this action in the Forum Rules.
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Logged in user: Billy33 [logout]

I have a friend that you seem to emmulate.
could I get some more info from you, about you
age,
wieght,
Gender,
type of lifestyle,
job history,
Just a little info about yourself.

Talk to ya soon
"B"

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-03-2003, 08:45 AM   #3
Inactive

out2lunch HB User

Kaesle, I'm no dr, but I really think your dr needs to hear these symptoms ASAP!! I'm not sure what "concrete symptoms" are, but these sound serious to me! Especially fumbling and speech problems!!
As for injuring yourself without knowing it? Anything's possible! You could've done something that didn't hurt or bother you at the time, and so you just thought nothing of it! Try to think back to anything unusual that's happened or that you've done prior to these problems!
I know Friday's only two days away now, but you may want to see if you can get in today or tomorrow, even if only to put your mind atease!!
Please keep us posted as to what's going on, take care!!

Old 12-03-2003, 10:33 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

carol632 HB User

I agree with out2lunch....these symptoms could be related to some serious stuff. Slurring speech and fumbling is not something to dismiss lightly. Please let us know what you find out.
Carol

Old 12-03-2003, 11:30 AM   #5

StillWater HB User

Kaesle,

When I am unsure about how to communicate with the Dr, or am afraid I'll forget some of what I want to tell her, I write notes about it. I used to see a rheumatologist who wasn't a very good listener, but she would read my notes, if I made them in a form to give her. Just a thought....

What kind of dr are you seeing? It sounds as if a referral to a neurologist would be a good idea, with the speech problems, etc.

Please write again and let us know how you are doing.

StillWater

Old 12-03-2003, 07:32 PM   #6

kaesle HB User

Thank you everyone who replied. I am 24/f who works full time in retail management. I am under quite some stress, but these problems started before the stress got too bad. I have had the usual aches and pains before that poeple get every once in a while, especially after standing for a long time or moving boxes or something.
This is not the same kind of pain though, and that is what worries me.
I tried to see the dr. before friday but that was her earliest. I am kinda thinking that since she is just a reg. dr. then she will refer me to someone else. Due to insurance, I can't just see a dr. without a referral. So I am just waiting it out.
Thank you all for your caring. I will let you know what I find out!

Old 12-04-2003, 10:36 PM   #7

kaesle HB User

I went to the Dr today and he gave me pain relievers and muscle relaxants to try for a week. Then he wants to try to adjust my back because he said it is in really bad shape but he was afraid to try anything today because the pain was so bad he thought I was slap him.
He also wants to do an MRI next week for the other problems I am having to make sure "nothing is wrong with my brain".
Thanks to everyone for your caring.

Old 12-05-2003, 10:38 AM   #8
Inactive

out2lunch HB User

Hi Kaesle, I'm so glad you've found a dr that's willing to look into what's going on with you! Let us know what you find out, take care!!

Closed Thread