It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2003, 12:10 PM   #1

mitch1966 HB User
Unhappy Nerve block info wanted please.

I have suffered with lower back pain or quite a while. Lately it has become much worse and as a result I am of work again. In the uk the NHS is next to useless for back complaints and as a result I am seeking private treatment at great cost. I have a trapped nerve in my lower back causing pain, and very poor movement it sometimes goes big time causing me to lean to one side with dreadful muscle spasms. Nothing works acupuncture, osteopath, and ciro all fail. The osteopath has suggested having a nerve block injection and infecting steroids and anti inflammatory drugs into the hot spot. Have any readers had this treatment and If so what where the results, if no good what treatments would anybody suggest.

Old 12-03-2003, 12:37 PM   #2
Inactive

eris619 HB User
Re: Nerve block info wanted please.

Hello. I had 2 herniated discs with nerve compression in my lumbar region. I had 3 Nerve Blocks with 0 relief. For me they were a waste of time and frankly caused more pain then they were worth. Question for you.. Do you have disc problems causing your nerve problems? If you arent getting any relief from standard treatments and nerve blocks do not work, you may concider having your Dr perform a Discogram to pinpoint your problem.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-03-2003, 02:09 PM   #3

mitch1966 HB User

No I have never had Disc problems not to my knowledge, or my doctors. This Hot spot is in my lower back to the left hand side. You can put your finger right on it. Is sends shooting pains down my left leg, sometimes making my legs drop. I move about and it kinds of fixes its self. I have very severe back stiffness and pain is always present. Cures are a very hot bath makes it easier to move. Any ideas many thanks for your time.

Old 12-03-2003, 06:52 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

carol632 HB User

This sounds like it might be sciatica...the sciatic nerve is being pinched...a block might give you some temporary relief. The very best thing is to have an MRI to check the discs out. I would try to do that as soon as you can.
Carol
morphine pump

Closed Thread