It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2003, 08:27 PM   #1

zippoo HB User
weird pain

Hi i am 22 years old..

I have been healthy up to this point. It all started with minor pain in my back. The pain then moved in my lower back and boy did that hurt. The pain did finally hit the whole back, and also my neck and head. Espically my neck that was stiff and ached and ached. I couldnt take it any longer and went to the doctors he did a blood test and urine sample it was determined that i had a kidney infection and mononucleoisis. The level was of the scales for mono 6.1. Currently i ache in the head, back and groin muscle. The pains in my head dont feel like a headache at all it feels rather num espically when i push on my head. When pain from lower back got to my head it never really seemed to go away i had alot of pain in the back of the head. As for my back my sholders ache all the time. As for the groin muscle in my left leg it feels like a hard knot when i push on my leg. My bones do ache from time to time mostly my hips and ribs in particular. I also cough from time to time and have watery eyes and hard bump in the skin of my nose right by the nostrial. My throat is not really sore neither does it bleed but it feels like their is lump on the inside. When i swollow food gets stuck sometimes or when i tilt my head it feels like air is being relased. It just always feels tight. As for my skin it looks like my moles are multiplying and it is itchy but all the new moles look normal. (this is very recent symptom ) My mouth is usually dry in the morning and i feel little bumps in corner of my lips i heard that was normal and my lower jaw has moved some it looks like. i never smoked or drinked. My tougne has a white coverning on it so i heard this could be thrush. As for my stool it changed a little it is now clumppy instead of my normal.

ANY IDEAS THOUGHTS>>
Thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-04-2003, 07:45 AM   #2
Inactive

Patmg HB User
Re: weird pain

[QUOTE=zippoo]Hi i am 22 years old..

I have been healthy up to this point. It all started with minor pain in my back. The pain then moved in my lower back and boy did that hurt. The pain did finally hit the whole back, and also my neck and head. Espically my neck that was stiff and ached and ached. I couldnt take it any longer and went to the doctors he did a blood test and urine sample it was determined that i had a kidney infection and mononucleoisis. The level was of the scales for mono 6.1. Currently i ache in the head, back and groin muscle. The pains in my head dont feel like a headache at all it feels rather num espically when i push on my head. When pain from lower back got to my head it never really seemed to go away i had alot of pain in the back of the head. As for my back my sholders ache all the time. As for the groin muscle in my left leg it feels like a hard knot when i push on my leg. My bones do ache from time to time mostly my hips and ribs in particular. I also cough from time to time and have watery eyes and hard bump in the skin of my nose right by the nostrial. My throat is not really sore neither does it bleed but it feels like their is lump on the inside. When i swollow food gets stuck sometimes or when i tilt my head it feels like air is being relased. It just always feels tight. As for my skin it looks like my moles are multiplying and it is itchy but all the new moles look normal. (this is very recent symptom ) My mouth is usually dry in the morning and i feel little bumps in corner of my lips i heard that was normal and my lower jaw has moved some it looks like. i never smoked or drinked. My tougne has a white coverning on it so i heard this could be thrush. As for my stool it changed a little it is now clumppy instead of my normal.

ANY IDEAS THOUGHTS>>
Thank you[/QUOTE]
Hi Zippoo: Have you told your doctor about this weird throat feeling? Oh, by the way, you can get rid of thrush by using a couple of tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to some warm water. Thrush is caused by antibiotics or an imbalance of yeasts in your system. I used to get it all the time. It seemed to get me when I ate too much sugar. Just "swish" this vinegar in your mouth, but you may have to actually drink it. Cider vinegar (and you can add a little honey for taste) fixes that imbalance. I not only would "swish" it in my mouth, I would drink it with honey and warm water 2 or 3 times per day. You have a systemic problem with yeasts and I found by drinking it (you could eat a saltine cracker first, to keep the vinegar from bothering your stomach), the cider vinegar would work on my entire body system.

Regarding your throat lump, that COULD be a disk bulge; as I have a failed neck fusion at C5-6 and the fusion is half in and half out of my spinal canal. All the vertebre above C5-6 collasped down unevenly. It has straighted out some on it's own, however, I don't have the neck curve any more (kyphosis meaning "humpback"--no I don't have a humpback but without the neck curve that is what docs call it). The disks in my neck are all under a great deal of pressure due to the collaspse. Due to the added 25% pressure on the disks that surround a fusion (this is about what happens to all disks adjacent to a bone plug from my hip to build my fusion material), the disk below C5-6 is under pressure. It pushes at my throat all the time, I have to eat smaller pieces of food, etc. However, my C4-5 vertebre is pushed forward. Your neck muscles get tight because they are trying to protect your neck nerves, as it could be one or more of your nerves are getting pinched. Does your pain burn you? (burning is nerve pain; aching is disk pain, poking is something {bone spur or disk} poking into a nerve somehow.) My sons, 22 years and 28 years, both have neck problems already, as does my daughter who is 33. This degenerating disk condition is hereditary; both my parents had it. My kids describe their "weird neck" feelings like they have a helmet on at times. Sound familiar? Also, if you DO have a disk or nerve problem in the neck, it will refer to your legs. In fact, it sort of sounds like your problem level is C3-4 (about). Some of your groin pain could be swollen lymph nodes, too.

Now you are sick right now, so you need to get your illnesses under control first. Then, you can more easily tell if your "weird throat" is from your illness or your neck. An MRI scan can show your disks, but you must tell your doctor about these feelings in your throat. Being unable to swallow is a red flag, but you DO have two things going on with you right now. This is why you need to speak with your doctor....only he/she can order tests to determine what is going on. Take care and good luck, Patmg

Old 12-04-2003, 08:28 AM   #3
Inactive

out2lunch HB User
Re: weird pain

Hi Zippoo, welcome aboard!! Sorry I can't help you, but it looks like you're in good hands with Pat! Take care!!

Closed Thread