It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2003, 03:18 AM   #1

started 2001 HB User
plesase, you tell me ?????

after a failed F5/S1 surgery , 2 yeears and alot other treatmeants(mostly nacartic s for pain) they gave me something called "FACET(sp.) INJECTIONS". IT has beem to work very ,very well.
Only 2 things worryy me, and that is I am having a hard time getting to write down what "exactly" he is giving me, and why he has no other Medical Perssonel except him when he performs the shots ??? Iknow he is using that"FLOROSCOPY"machime when
he does it.

Is kind of procudure cosioered "NORMAL" ???

Old 12-05-2003, 03:40 AM   #2

started 2001 HB User
Re: plesase, you tell me ?????

[QUOTE=started 2001]after a failed F5/S1 surgery , 2 yeears and alot other treatmeants(mostly nacartic s for pain) they gave me something called "FACET(sp.) INJECTIONS". IT has been to work very ,very well.
Only 2 things worryy me, and that is I am having a hard time getting to write down what "exactly" he is giving me, and why he has no other Medical Perssonel except himself when he performs the shots ??? I know he is using that"FLOROSCOPY"machime when
he does it.

Is kind of procudure "NORMAL" ???[/QUOTE]

Plesase Respond.....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-05-2003, 09:21 AM   #3
Inactive

out2lunch HB User

Hi started2001, welcome to the board! Is it L5S1 that you're talking about? I'm not sure what type of injection you've had either, but if it's working, that's the point right? Though I can't explain why he won't write down what he's using!! Keep insisting!!
I've had injections this time last yr, but they only made me worse! Mine were botox injections, and they were administered by the dr and no other personel were in the room! They were in the office, but not in the room where I got the injections, and he never used any floroscopy with me!
I'd say that his procedure was normal, but if you have concerns, you can always phone the government's medical association and find out his cridentials!! I think there's a way to look him up on the net too, but can't remember how!
I hope someone who knows more, will come along shortly to help you, take care!!

Old 12-05-2003, 10:42 AM   #4
Inactive

Pippin HB User

The way my doctor does these things, it would be very unusual to have Facet Injections, with floroscopy, without additional personnel to assist. I have had several of these procedures at my local hospital's day surgery clinic and it goes as follows:

Before the procedure, you fast for 6 hours. No food or liquid.
1. At the Clinic, they start an IV about 30 minutes ahead of time. The doctor comes in to talk to me and discuss what he is going to do.
2. The nurse walks me into the procedure room where there are 3 people waiting. Two people help me up onto the table. I lie face down on the table.
3. I'm given oxygen by way of one of those nose things while they prep my back.
4. They start the sedation medication in the IV. I go to sleep.

5. When I wake up, there are 2 people to help me off the table and into the recovery room.
6. They keep me seated in the recovery room, drinking sweet stuff, for about 45 minutes.
7. Someone drives me home. You are not allowed to drive for 12 hours following the procedure.

Old 12-05-2003, 03:04 PM   #5

started 2001 HB User
Hi, Outtolunch

Hi, Outtolunch!!

I just got the terrible feeling that SOMEHOW I just deleted your very nice post to
me , and I feel like a "BIG IDIOT", cause it was so nice of you to be my "first responder".
Although I have my own problems in some other FORUMS that I haven't gotten to yet, I can't see how guys who are more "screwed- up" in this these forums (PLEASE EXSCUSED MY NEW YORK CITY HUMOR),are able to write more emotionly and properly, then I ever could!! I guess you can tell my head was on my desk ,sound asleep, in High School typing classes.<<< Although that was meant as a joke-- "my COMMENT about the other guys and gals who I called More Screwed than me before" PLEASE, PLEASE take noo offence. Actually, I am pretty screwed-up on about 40mg of oxycontin right now and since I am triing to imprss you with my "SPELLING" ,this whole message has taken probly 1-1/2 hours

Backtolunch, please accept my apolgy for "both erasing your message and getting off the subject iwanted to talk to you about.

please write back when you can...

started 2001

Old 12-05-2003, 04:25 PM   #6

jacksnana HB User

Hi, I don't know how to post any other way so here goes. First of all it seems as tho his procedure is not really inappropriate as we know if it helps, we want it. Now my question, what does,"focal right paramedian disc herniation and annular tear mean in laymans terms. I know that I have L4-5, L5-S1 disc herniation even after surgery Nov. 1, 2001, and it did not help, but probably made it worse. Can someone help me , my doctor is talking major back surjery now. I 've already had a hemi-laminectomy. hog-wash, I think they should have fixed it prper the first time.
Thanks loads for any reading and replying
Von

Old 12-05-2003, 09:36 PM   #7

started 2001 HB User

Hi, Jacksnana. Welcome to the Board.
I sorry I woun"t be alble to help , but you used "Bigger and Smarter"words, then I think I could ever find in my dictionary.<<< Just a joke...
Maybe other people here can add some good info for you , or even triing a to set up a new "Smart Womans" FORUM (HA,HA).
I do wish you the best...

started 2001

Old 12-08-2003, 09:48 AM   #8
Inactive

out2lunch HB User

Hi Started2001, please don't feel "stupid" or apologize for anything!! There's no offense taken, anywhere ok?? I'm not sure what post you think you've deleted, 'cause I see mine right about Pippin's! We can start all over again though if you like, 'cause if I wrote more, I don't remember it now LOL!! Call it med fog if you like haha!!
I used to take 120mg oxycontin with percocets for breakthrough, til my "stupid" pain dr switched it to hydromorph contin! I say stupid 'cause the oxycontin was helping better then this one!
Anyway, thanks for replying to my reply LOL!! Hope to respond to you again soon, take care!!

Old 12-08-2003, 11:52 PM   #9
Inactive

kindaunwell HB User

[QUOTE=out2lunch]Hi Started2001, please don't feel "stupid" or apologize for anything!! There's no offense taken, anywhere ok?? I'm not sure what post you think you've deleted, 'cause I see mine right about Pippin's! We can start all over again though if you like, 'cause if I wrote more, I don't remember it now LOL!! Call it med fog if you like haha!!
I used to take 120mg oxycontin with percocets for breakthrough, til my "stupid" pain dr switched it to hydromorph contin! I say stupid 'cause the oxycontin was helping better then this one!
Anyway, thanks for replying to my reply LOL!! Hope to respond to you again soon, take care!![/QUOTE]

Hi, out2lunch
Thanks for repling.i was kinda messed the other day, thats why i guess i was alittle in-coherent.
sometimes,it seems like your username, I to wentout2lunch, and haven't even made it back for breakfast yet!!!
Tomorrow i see this new ,fancy Pain DR. my wife and whole family want him to put me in a de-tox hospital. i got enough of a brain left to know they are right. Theres a song by the group Mathchbox 20 and its called "unwell". I'm spending my possibly last free night listening on headphones to that same song over and over! The words just seem to really identify with me....
I don't know whats worse, the drug use, or these PSYC. problems that are starting to surface. thats why i'll take the detox way,probaly.
Well depending on tomorrow, I hope to hear about your story...

kinda-unwell

my original name started 2001 and password got lost in cyberspace somehow, i thought this name fits me for now!!!

Last edited by kindaunwell; 12-09-2003 at 12:06 AM.

Closed Thread