It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2003, 07:19 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

MarianJ HB User
Smile December Surgery's

[COLOR=DarkGreen][B][CENTER]Good Morning Everyone,[/CENTER][/B]
[INDENT]Yes, here I am again. I hope that everyone is having a good day. I wanted to take the time to wish everyone who is getting ready to have surgery this month, the very best. I do realize that this must be a very difficult time to schedule surgery with the holiday and all. Please know that my prayers are with you for a very successful surgery and recovery. I have been away from the boards for about a week so I am behind on a few of the threads so please forgive me if I have missed your surgery date. If anyone knows of other's having surgery this month please take the time to post and wish them well. [/INDENT][CENTER] [/CENTER]
[B][CENTER][SIZE=4] CHARLOTTE WELCH - Dec. 10 [/SIZE][/CENTER][/B]
[B][CENTER] [/CENTER][/B]
[B][CENTER][SIZE=4] GREG BREEDLOVE Dec. 11 [/SIZE][/CENTER][/B]
[B][CENTER][SIZE=4] LMVLMV - Dec. 12 [/CENTER][/B]
[B][CENTER] LARRYP - Dec. 18 [/SIZE][/CENTER][/B]
[B][CENTER] [SIZE=4]WARREN - Dec. 23 [/SIZE] [/CENTER][/B]
[B][CENTER][SIZE=4] LUCYVANPELT3 [/SIZE] [/CENTER][/B]
[B][CENTER][SIZE=4] CARKEN - Dec. 30 [/SIZE] [/B] [/CENTER][/COLOR]

Last edited by MarianJ; 01-15-2004 at 06:49 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-05-2003, 09:49 AM   #2
Inactive

out2lunch HB User
Re: December Surgery's

I too would like to wish you well and every success with your upcoming surgeries!! This is a great idea Tomorrow, to put all the well wishes in one post! I'll be praying and sending positive thoughts to all of you! Take care!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-05-2003, 06:27 PM   #3
(female)

LMVLMV HB User
Wink Re: December Surgery's

Thanks Tomorrow & Out2Lunch.
I've been preparing a long time for this and looking forward to being on the rode to recovery. I've got all my holiday shopping done. I can leave my job for a few months with peace of mind. Just one more day of work and then I can concentrate on healing 100%.

Hapy Holidays to all!
LMVLMV

Old 12-06-2003, 08:20 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

MarianJ HB User

[COLOR=Red][B][CENTER]Good Morning LmvLmv,[/CENTER][/B]
[INDENT]I wanted to wish you the best today on your last day of work. I am glad to hear that you have gotten all of your holiday shopping done and you can now rest and maybe take the time to do some enjoyable things before your surgery. I wish you the very best.[/INDENT]
[B][CENTER] Jeanne [/CENTER][/B][/COLOR]

Old 12-07-2003, 09:44 PM   #5

larryp HB User

To all,
Thanks for the good wishes and Prayers. I have tried everything I can to avoid another fusion but it is a last resort based on my last Discogram. Since I have had a previous fusion my Neurosugeon says that a Urologist will be present to insert a stint in my ureter to the left kidney to identify it as it may be displaced as a result of that previous fusion surgery. They don't want to accidently sever it. This might be something for others to talk to their Dr. about if they have had a previous fusion surgery. I didn't have a clue!
Thanks again for your support,
Larry
1990-Myelogram=L4-5 LAMINECTOMY.1998-Myelogram,Discogram,CTscan=L 4-5 FUSION w/BAK cages. 2002-Prolotherapy injections. 2003-April-MRI Lumbar spine=DDD,bulges,arthritis,low disc height,Physical Therapy.2003-May-MRI Thorasic spine=Two herniations displacing nerve roots.2003-July-Nerve blocks/epidurals; 2003-August-L5/S1 FORAMENOTOMY.2003-October-Lumbar Discogram=2003-December-L5/S1 FUSION w/BMP/LT cages. 2004-Jan-Pain much worse than before surgery. CTscan & L1/L2 nerve block & Myelogram.

Old 12-08-2003, 07:47 AM   #6

Marg001 HB User

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!
This is to everybody who has upcoming surgeries this months. I want to wish you all good luck and I sincerely hope that the outcome is a success! I myself am probably looking at surgery in the upcoming new year. Take good care we are all routing for you!!!!!!!
Two months later had to go back and have Illestomy closed.
Now almost 1 year having chronic lower back pain due to Spondylolesthesis, and DDD, and also still have a 31 degree curse to back.
Also have a dextro-scoliosis and a levo-scoliosis.

Old 12-08-2003, 09:23 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

MarianJ HB User

[COLOR=Red][B][CENTER]Good Morning Larryp,[/CENTER][/B]
[INDENT]It sure does look as if you got yourself a great surgeon. Not only did he ask a Urologist to assist him during your surgery he even took the time to explain to you as to why he will be assisting. And thank you so very much for sharing that with us as that is something I was not at all aware of. My neuro had an orthopedic and a Physiologic (nerve) Doctor assist but never took the time to inform me prior to my surgery. It was the nerve doctor who contacted me to inform me that he will be assisting.

As I read your signature I did realize that the disc that you are now having fused is the one that is below your last fusion. Unfortunately, this is a risk that fusion patient's do face in the future when agreeing to a fusion. Research has shown me that the disc's below & above a fusion are likely to have some sort of injury because of the stress that is put on them. I am very sorry that you are facing this surgery again, but do know that you are in my prayer's.[/INDENT]
[B][CENTER] Have a great day [/CENTER][/B][/COLOR]

Old 12-09-2003, 06:27 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

MarianJ HB User

[COLOR=DarkGreen][B][CENTER]Good Morning Charlotte,[/CENTER][/B]
[INDENT]I hope that you will be able to take the time to do something that you will find enjoyable today. Maybe spend some time with family and go out for a nice lunch or diner.

I wanted to let you know that you will be in my prayer's tomorrow for a very successful surgery. [/INDENT]
[B][CENTER]Jeanne[/CENTER][/B][/COLOR]

Old 12-09-2003, 08:12 AM   #9

randee HB User

GOOD LUCK TO ALL THOSE WITH DECEMBER SURGERIES!
I feel like like a real veteran, I am now 3 1/2 weeks post-op(lol), L5-S1 Fusion. I am not the best patient in the world, have a tendency to overdo and then suffer for it. But.... I am learning to listen to my doctor, husband, and my body and learning to SLOW DOWN!
I still have good days and bad, but all in all-happy with my decision to have surgery, happy with my recovery and learning PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE!
Just think- 3 1/2 weeks from now you'll all be posting and on the road to recovery!
Good Luck and God Bless!
My prayers are with each and everyone of you, Randee

Old 12-12-2003, 05:39 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

MarianJ HB User

[COLOR=DarkGreen][B][CENTER]Good Morning LmvLmv,[/CENTER][/B]
[INDENT]I just wanted to let you know that my prayer's are with you this morning for a very successful surgery.[/INDENT]
[B][CENTER] Jeanne [/CENTER][/B][/COLOR]

Old 12-12-2003, 09:22 PM   #11
Veteran

standingman HB User

Just want to add Greg Breedlove to the December list, who was scheduled for laminectomy yesterday. We're looking forward to hearing from him and to all. Best to everyone,

Standingman

Old 12-15-2003, 11:47 AM   #12

gdbreedlove HB User

Thanks Standingman for remembering me, the guy has been a great friend! Yes, I had a laminectomy and discectomy of the l4/l5 and discectomy of the l5/s1 on Thursday morning. Procedure took about three hours, one more hour in recovery. After the fog cleared, I was in a little pain, but not too much. Had a couple demerol (sp?) shots before bedtime and got up and did three laps around the nurses station at 10:00 that night. In the morning, weened myself off the shots and went to the vicodin that I have been taking all along. Walked a few more times and went to the bathroom a couple times (when they threaten the catheter, it's amazing what you can do!!??). After proving I could go up and down stairs, they let me go home Friday night. I stayed in bed most of the day Friday and Friday night and slept. Got up and walked quite a bit on Saturday, with rests in bed in between. Sunday, I basically stayed out of the prone position for most of the day, by either sitting or walking around. Today I'm even spending a few hours at work (wife drove me) to get a few things done and stay on top of things. As far as pain, it's not too bad at all. Muscle around incision hurts, but my leg feels alot better and I'm already seeing my strength come back. I'll fill you in more later...take care. I'm thinking of all of you!

Greg

Old 12-15-2003, 01:15 PM   #13
Veteran

standingman HB User

Greg, my man!!! This is an out_standing_ report (and that's from a guy who knows about "standing"!!!). I know you have to take it a day at a time for a while, but this is certainly very, very encouraging. Great to hear and looking forward to continuing updates as is convenient and of interest to you. Don't "overdo it," but that walking and sitting report, and some strength coming back, is wonderful.

I don't know if you "cruise" other threads, but you may find the "post-IDET" thread--especially last few pages thereof--started by Tennisnut of some interest if not amusement. We have established a university (DDD U), a marching band, and a potential mascot (the Lumbar Jocks). Working on logo.

Go LuJos!

Standingman

Old 12-16-2003, 06:52 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

MarianJ HB User

[B][CENTER]Good Morning Greg Breedlove,[/CENTER][/B]
[INDENT]I am sorry that I have missed your post about your Laminectomy & Discectomy Surgery. I am very happy to hear that your surgery went well and that you are home from the hospital. I have to say that after reading your post that I am really amazed at your progress. It looks to me as you are heading on a very successful road of recovery. Please remember to take things slow. I wish you the very best.[/INDENT]
[B][CENTER] Jeanne [/CENTER][/B]

[B][CENTER][SIZE=4]P. S. Thank You StandingMan[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B]

Old 12-17-2003, 08:02 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

MarianJ HB User

[COLOR=DarkGreen][B][CENTER]Hello LarryP,[/CENTER][/B]
[INDENT]I just wanted to let you know that I didn't forget that your surgery is tomorrow....
I hope that I am not posting this to late and that you do get a chance to read this.

[SIZE=4] You will be in my prayer's for a very successful surgery and recovery. [/INDENT][/SIZE]

[B][CENTER]Jeanne[/CENTER][/B][/COLOR]

Closed Thread