It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2003, 07:26 AM   #1

rhea HB User
Unhappy lower back pains

hi can anyone help me
im 29 and the last year or so i keep getting lower back pains where my back becomes stiff i cant bend stand or sit i put this down to pulling a muscle or something it use to last a week and happen every few months. Now for the last 5 weeks im suffering from the same problm except it started from lower abdominal pains and went round to the back, the dr gave me antibiotics for the abdominal pains which cleared it but the back pain has become a nagging pain which is not going away iv been to my doctor on several occassions he gave me various pain killers which dont seem to be helping he also sent me for an xray for lower back and ovaries the results have yet to come its especially worse at nights when i go to bed as my back goes so stiff i have grave diffcullty in turning over and have to support myself. Has anyone eles suffered from this or knows what may be causing it please repy as any ideas woulkd be useful to me. iv read in quite a few places lower back pains can be related to lung cancer and this has scared me quite a lot so please any suggestions or help would be much appreciated

thank you
rhea

Last edited by rhea; 12-06-2003 at 07:49 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-05-2003, 09:19 AM   #2

mitch1966 HB User
Lightbulb Re: lower back pains

Hi Rhea
I no what your are going through. Does your back seem to get better in the later part of the day? I have had this pain for a long time but lately its getting worse. Stiffness around the lower back, and it seems hips. It sounds like muscle problems, with very bad spasms that I get often. Things that work for me are very strong pain killers and Anti-flamertry drugs from your doctor. Hot bath seems to kill off the pain, however it always comes back. I am in the process of getting information on a Epidural Steroid injection, also Nerve block injections. A word of warning donít take long off work if you sit around resting it like I did, it got worse. Hope this helps

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-05-2003, 09:30 AM   #3
Inactive

out2lunch HB User
Re: lower back pains

Hi Rhea, welcome!! Have you had any type of injury to your back, or been lifting things too heavy??
I have the same symptoms as you, and then some! But, I have herniated discs as well as over-active muscle spasms!!
I'd suggest going to your dr and asking for some type of x-ray or scan! Atleast that way, you'd know for sure! Good luck, take care!!

Old 12-05-2003, 09:51 AM   #4

rhea HB User
Re:

[QUOTE=mitch1966]Hi Rhea
I no what your are going through. Does your back seem to get better in the later part of the day? I have had this pain for a long time but lately its getting worse. Stiffness around the lower back, and it seems hips. It sounds like muscle problems, with very bad spasms that I get often. Things that work for me are very strong pain killers and Anti-flamertry drugs from your doctor. Hot bath seems to kill off the pain, however it always comes back. I am in the process of getting information on a Epidural Steroid injection, also Nerve block injections. A word of warning donít take long off work if you sit around resting it like I did, it got worse. Hope this helps[/QUOTE]

thank you mitch1966 it was nice of you to reply ot my message ill try some of what u suggested

Old 12-05-2003, 09:55 AM   #5

rhea HB User

[QUOTE=out2lunch]Hi Rhea, welcome!! Have you had any type of injury to your back, or been lifting things too heavy??
I have the same symptoms as you, and then some! But, I have herniated discs as well as over-active muscle spasms!!
I'd suggest going to your dr and asking for some type of x-ray or scan! Atleast that way, you'd know for sure! Good luck, take care!![/QUOTE]

thank you out2lunch for replying i havent had any back injury my pain originally started from my lower abdominal and then went on to the back after taking antibiotics the abdominal pains went but the back pain has become one constant nagging pain i have had xray and am awaiting the results but lately i have read alot about lung cancer linked to back pains its made me scared and anxious

Old 12-05-2003, 10:06 AM   #6
Inactive

out2lunch HB User

Hi again Rhea, I hope you can get those results soon! There's nothing worse then not knowing and having to wait! I'd suggest not reading too much til you know what you're looking at though! There's alot of things on the net that can scare the crap out of the bravest person in the world LOL! Take care!!

Old 12-06-2003, 07:54 AM   #7

rhea HB User

[QUOTE=out2lunch]Hi there out2lunch thanks for ur reply i understand what ur saying about reading too much ill take ur advise and just wait for my results. its nice to talk to someone and the ppl on here r great im glad i came on here and thanks for ur time its much appreciated

rhea

Old 12-06-2003, 08:58 AM   #8

pabg HB User

Rhea: Have you had an MRI? I have had similar problems and finally had an MRI. It showed that I had a herniated disc. At least I know what is causing some of the pain. Have been going to a chiropractor who has a machine that stretches the spine which is supposed to allow the disc to go back into its normal place. Not sure it is helping yet.

Old 12-06-2003, 01:57 PM   #9

rhea HB User

[QUOTE=pabg] Rhea: Have you had an MRI? I have had similar problems and finally had an MRI. It showed that I had a herniated disc. At least I know what is causing some of the pain. Have been going to a chiropractor who has a machine that stretches the spine which is supposed to allow the disc to go back into its normal place. Not sure it is helping yet.[/QUOTE]

hi [Quote=padg] i havent had any of what u mentioned im still awaiting my xray results if they come clear i will ask my doctor for further tests ill take it from there thank u for replying much appreciated

Old 12-18-2003, 11:33 AM   #10

rhea HB User
Question Re: lower back pains----atheritus

hi evryone that wrote to me regarding my back pain well i just got my results back today and they tell me i have minor atheritus how? when? where? im even more confused what can be done can anyone help dose anyone eles suffer from this any suggestions welcome

Old 12-18-2003, 08:42 PM   #11

perianthal HB User

Hi Rhea, sorry to hear about your suffering. Didn't the doctor make some suggestions about medication or treatment when he gave you the diagnosis?

My 17 year old daughter has arthritis in her lower back (over use injury). Her doctor has tried an assortment of anti-inflammatories, like Bextra, Celebrex, Vioxx and Lidocaine patches. None of these have done her much good, but I understand they many times are helpful. The other thing they have done, mostly for diagnostic purposes, but some people also get relief from them are steroid injections (in her case it was a facet block). Whether this would be appropriate in your situation or not, you'd need to check with your doctor to find out. Anyway, hope this gives you some questions to ask at least.

Good luck and hope you find some relief soon,
Peri

PS She also does a ton of physical therapy, I think keeping things moving is probably also important.

Closed Thread