It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2003, 09:20 AM   #1

lucyvanpelt3 HB User
Exclamation Emergency Admittance, I Told The Doctor ...

Hello, helpful and kind people.

I was evaluated by a neurosurgeon yesterday, and my 14mm spinal cord tunnel is just about cut off in more than three areas.

I will have surgery in less than a week - my condition is that bad.

While WC has got me in the system, my employer fights over liability, and my doctor (good, but too skeptical. he doesn't know me. I don't say "ouch" until it really hurts) has me off work - I could just end up paralyzed (NOT my words, the neurosurgeon said I am 'close to paralysis').

I will need two surgeries, one in my neck (scheduled for next Wednesday), and another for my back later next year.

I am so fiercely independent that I just want to be able to take care of my family, be a good citizen, and work!

Those who believe, please say a prayer for my recovery and well being. I'd appreciate it so much.

Those who don't, think positive thoughts, God hears those, too.

Thank you.

LUCYVP3

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-05-2003, 09:25 AM   #2
Inactive

out2lunch HB User
Re: Emergency Admittance, I Told The Doctor ...

Lucy, I'm so sorry that it's come to you needing surgery!! My positive thoughts and prayers are definitely on their way to you! Take care!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-05-2003, 07:52 PM   #3

lucyvanpelt3 HB User
Smile Re: Emergency Admittance, I Told The Doctor ...

Thank you!

I'm a little scared, but, feel the fear and do what you have to do.

LUCYVP3

Old 12-05-2003, 08:10 PM   #4
Veteran

standingman HB User

Sending every positive cosmic force I can imagine (and some I can't) in your direction, Lucy. If the spirit of your message is an indication of what's burning inside, you'll do fine. Keep the faith; keep us informed of how you're doing.

Standingman

Old 12-06-2003, 10:00 AM   #5

moondancer659 HB User

lucy could you tell me more of your condition i was told the same the only i have one disc in my spinal column and 2 that are herinated C 1,2 and 3 and then some in my mid back i will be going back on dec 11th to really get to talk to him. I am a hairdresser and was told that i shouldnt be walking the way it is sitting in my spine.I freaked out on the first visit and left i couldnt hear that i would eventully be able to go back to work good luck with yours andd any info you could give me would be appriacted also my work is contibuted to it but not the cause so my boss freaked out when i mentioned workmans comp
jeannine

Old 12-06-2003, 07:12 PM   #6

lucyvanpelt3 HB User

Moondancer659, have you had either a lumbar or cervical spine MRI series done?

I'm trying to figure out how much the information on my medical condition with all those wonderful locations would tell you (compared to your MRI). If you have had different tests that mine, then I'll at least understand that.

Your doctor told you that you shouldn't be walking? Whoaaaaaa.

Okay. My condition has been this bad two years so far (started two years ago). At this point, I'm willing to go bankrupt just to get my surgery ASAP. I'd rather lose everything I have and be able to work, than lose everything I have and NOT be able to work.

Please let me know about your MRIs, those that you have had. Did the doctor show you on the films what and where your problems are?

Sincerely,

LUCYVP3

Old 12-08-2003, 11:54 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

MarianJ HB User

[COLOR=DarkGreen][B][CENTER]Hello Lucy,[/CENTER][/B]
[INDENT]I will say a special prayer for you and I also wanted to tell you that I have remembered you in the December Surgery's thread.[/INDENT]
[B][CENTER] Jeanne [/CENTER][/B][/COLOR]

Last edited by MarianJ; 12-08-2003 at 11:57 AM.

Old 12-23-2003, 07:39 AM   #8

lucyvanpelt3 HB User

Bless you! Please see my post-surgery thread, 12/23/03, P&S, So No... Oh! Emergency Surgery For You!

Old 12-23-2003, 01:13 PM   #9

acme HB User

Good Luck to you Lucy!! I'm sending Positive thoughts to you through the computer!!(can ya feel em?)

Old 12-23-2003, 07:15 PM   #10

lucyvanpelt3 HB User

[QUOTE=acme]Good Luck to you Lucy!! I'm sending Positive thoughts to you through the computer!!(can ya feel em?)[/QUOTE]

I do! Human beings have aura, vibe, and power. Thank you, ACME. During the past couple of years, I have re-learned that there is ALWAYS something and someone to pray for - always the sick, the poor, and the poor in spirit, and those that are losing hope. Always for mercy, always for wisdom and intelligence.

Peace

Old 12-23-2003, 10:35 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

lfoster21 HB User

Lucy, I just want you to know that as soon as I read your post, I stopped and said a prayer. I will remember you in my time of devotions. I will be looking forward to reading your post surgery thread. Good luck and may God Bless you and your family.

Lorie

Old 12-24-2003, 05:01 PM   #12

lucyvanpelt3 HB User

Lorie, I even asked the pharmacist that I have had for years for prayers, because I felt she was a God-fearing woman. I was right! So many prayers made the surgery successful! Thank you, thank you, and bless your heart.

Please see Dec 23rd, lucyvanpelt3, ,P&S, So No... Oh! Emergency Surgery for You!, which is my latest post.

Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy. My best and prayers to you and all those you love and care about.

LUCYVP3

Old 12-26-2003, 06:33 AM   #13

moondancer659 HB User

[QUOTE=lucyvanpelt3]Hello, helpful and kind people.

I was evaluated by a neurosurgeon yesterday, and my 14mm spinal cord tunnel is just about cut off in more than three areas.

I will have surgery in less than a week - my condition is that bad.

While WC has got me in the system, my employer fights over liability, and my doctor (good, but too skeptical. he doesn't know me. I don't say "ouch" until it really hurts) has me off work - I could just end up paralyzed (NOT my words, the neurosurgeon said I am 'close to paralysis').

I will need two surgeries, one in my neck (scheduled for next Wednesday), and another for my back later next year.

I am so fiercely independent that I just want to be able to take care of my family, be a good citizen, and work!

Those who believe, please say a prayer for my recovery and well being. I'd appreciate it so much.

Those who don't, think positive thoughts, God hears those, too.

Thank you.

LUCYVP3[/QUOTE]

hope all is well with you lucy,
yes i had a cervical spine mri it showed a bulg in c2 that was 1/2 way into my spinal column herniation c3-c7 with with (cant remember what he called it) like a callifacation growing into my spine with mild bulging at c4,5 6 and 7.I have absoulty no clue how I did all this damage.The Ns want to do for the first op a c2-c3 disketomy and fusion the second op a mass lateral fusion lamindectomy.I have a surgry date of jan 28th.I'm just worried about haveing my whole neck fused and what it will leave me like how much motion will i have and will it be worse that it is now. My prayers are with you
jeannine

Old 12-26-2003, 06:37 AM   #14

TRiley HB User

Wish you the best of luck lucy.
I dont pray often, but will do specially for you ...

Old 01-05-2004, 12:50 PM   #15

lucyvanpelt3 HB User

Dear Moondancer659 and Triley,

My prayers for you, back to you.

Moon - you whole neck fused? Wow. I had fusion on three levels, and I'm doing very well, except now my shoulders hurt like heck... I don't know why.

Have they explained to you WHY they want to fuse your whole neck? I one operation or more than one?

LVP3

Closed Thread