It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2003, 04:00 PM   #1
Inactive

kaz06 HB User
Thumbs down Failed spine surgery

Hi all,

Im just searching to see if anyone has gone through similar problems to me.
Basically had t7-8 removed in a fusion op back in Feb, the disc was replaced with my own rib bone.
A recent x-ray has shown that the surgery has failed, my immune system has absorbed the bone and so Im now waiting for a CT scan in a few weeks time
Im in more pain now than before the op.
Has anyone elses spine surgery failed and what happened about it, Im really not keen on another operation but may be my only option.
Would appreciate any info or feedback
Thank you for reading
Karen (25 years old)

Old 12-07-2003, 05:45 AM   #2

edthehead HB User
Re: Failed spine surgery

[QUOTE=kaz06]Hi all,

Im just searching to see if anyone has gone through similar problems to me.
Basically had t7-8 removed in a fusion op back in Feb, the disc was replaced with my own rib bone.
A recent x-ray has shown that the surgery has failed, my immune system has absorbed the bone and so Im now waiting for a CT scan in a few weeks time
Im in more pain now than before the op.
Has anyone elses spine surgery failed and what happened about it, Im really not keen on another operation but may be my only option.
Would appreciate any info or feedback
Thank you for reading
Karen (25 years old)[/QUOTE]

Hi Karen. I am 49 years old. I had a lumbar decompression fussion a year ago. L2-L5. I have a failed fussion. I am also in worse pain than before. The pain moves from right to left. I read it may take up to 2 years to heal, so don't give up. We have no other choice anyways.
I had another 3D CT Scan last week, and I will see my doctor next week. Although I'm not keen on having another surgery, I definetely don't want to stay in pain 24/7. The weird part is that I actually had some real good days. That last's for a few days, then, bam,sos.
Hang in there. It is what it is. Ed.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-08-2003, 08:34 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

ltedeschi HB User

[QUOTE=edthehead]Hi Karen. I am 49 years old. I had a lumbar decompression fussion a year ago. L2-L5. I have a failed fussion. I am also in worse pain than before. The pain moves from right to left. I read it may take up to 2 years to heal, so don't give up. We have no other choice anyways.
I had another 3D CT Scan last week, and I will see my doctor next week. Although I'm not keen on having another surgery, I definetely don't want to stay in pain 24/7. The weird part is that I actually had some real good days. That last's for a few days, then, bam,sos.
Hang in there. It is what it is. Ed.[/QUOTE]

I am not sure how your body absorbed the bone graft but I had a spinal fusion six weeks ago. They installed a cage and it has failed and is resting on some nerves. I have a ct scan on tues. Looks like I may have to redo the whole operation.
When your talking about the human body anything is possible and can happen. Good Luck

Old 12-08-2003, 08:39 AM   #4
Inactive

out2lunch HB User

Hi, just wanted to say how sorry I was to hear that you've all had failed surgeries!!! You're all in my thoughts and prayers!! I hope things work out for you all eventually, take care!!

out2lunch

Old 12-08-2003, 01:29 PM   #5
Inactive

kaz06 HB User

Hi everyone,
thank you for your messages of advice and support, I just hope the future is kind to us all, time will tell
take care
Karen

Closed Thread