It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2003, 11:54 AM   #1
Inactive

bernard69 HB User
can someone please explain to me what's going on

I've had a couple of post on here before and got great answers so hopefully someone can help me again.well to start I hurt my back last year at my job I was using a trencher machine when I picked it up to turn it I hurt my back .I did some therapy for bout 2 months but didn't really help wasted my time more then anything .then this year I was using the trencher again and this time it hit a big rock and snatched me down hard .well Ive been on worker's comp since april i been on my job for 14 yrs but I hurt myself and everytime I go to the w/c dr. they tell me it's nothing wrong with you .but they give me so many pain pills it doesn't make since .I know it's something wrong with me cause every weekend I try to stop taking the pills on friday but by sat. morning I have to start back taking them.so I've been to 2 ortho's and 1 pain management dr. they are all trying to tell me it's nothing wrong with me but it's no way I'm gonna believe that .my back hurts everyday my right thigh hurt ,my right side of my but hurts ,and I took an mri but it was before I hurt myself the 2nd time.but now I have muscle spasm that hurt sooooo bad I've been on pain pills for about 8 months now. about a month ago I went to the w/c dr. and he tried to tell me it's nothing wrong with me so I told him to bring me the mri so I started tell him what all those big words mean so he got mad at me and said ok that's it for today before him saw me ten minutes before that another dr. saw me first he was saying well we need to run some more test and all of this and that but this other dr. came in with a different story it's been one big headache since I got hurt again but that ***hole dr. relaesed me to full duty with no restrictions which I can't do I just got an attorney they did the paper work and sent it to my joblike a week or two ago .last week in the mail I got a check from w/c saying that the dr. rated me at 3% permanent impairment said I have 9 weeks worth of benefits.friday I went to work and my boss wouldn't let me work he said the dr.'s said it's nothing wrong with me and I'm still saying I can't do my job .I haven't worked in 3 day now I don't know what to do my back hurt when I stand to long or I sit to long someone please help me don't know what to do

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-09-2003, 01:01 PM   #2

randee HB User
Re: can someone please explain to me what's going on

[QUOTE=bernard69]I've had a couple of post on here before and got great answers so hopefully someone can help me again.well to start I hurt my back last year at my job I was using a trencher machine when I picked it up to turn it I hurt my back .I did some therapy for bout 2 months but didn't really help wasted my time more then anything .then this year I was using the trencher again and this time it hit a big rock and snatched me down hard .well Ive been on worker's comp since april i been on my job for 14 yrs but I hurt myself and everytime I go to the w/c dr. they tell me it's nothing wrong with you .but they give me so many pain pills it doesn't make since .I know it's something wrong with me cause every weekend I try to stop taking the pills on friday but by sat. morning I have to start back taking them.so I've been to 2 ortho's and 1 pain management dr. they are all trying to tell me it's nothing wrong with me but it's no way I'm gonna believe that .my back hurts everyday my right thigh hurt ,my right side of my but hurts ,and I took an mri but it was before I hurt myself the 2nd time.but now I have muscle spasm that hurt sooooo bad I've been on pain pills for about 8 months now. about a month ago I went to the w/c dr. and he tried to tell me it's nothing wrong with me so I told him to bring me the mri so I started tell him what all those big words mean so he got mad at me and said ok that's it for today before him saw me ten minutes before that another dr. saw me first he was saying well we need to run some more test and all of this and that but this other dr. came in with a different story it's been one big headache since I got hurt again but that ***hole dr. relaesed me to full duty with no restrictions which I can't do I just got an attorney they did the paper work and sent it to my joblike a week or two ago .last week in the mail I got a check from w/c saying that the dr. rated me at 3% permanent impairment said I have 9 weeks worth of benefits.friday I went to work and my boss wouldn't let me work he said the dr.'s said it's nothing wrong with me and I'm still saying I can't do my job .I haven't worked in 3 day now I don't know what to do my back hurt when I stand to long or I sit to long someone please help me don't know what to do[/QUOTE]

My suggestion is that you find a great orthopedic surgeon or neurosurgeon, pay out of pocket, if you must, for the second opinion. In the long run it will be money well spent. Let's face it, seems as though you are in the midst of a big run-around. Get yourself some piece of mind with an independant second opinion. Make sure the doctor you choose is in no way affiliated with your w/c or their insurance company. It sounds to me as though you have very valid symptons. After you get your diagnosis if it shows any condition or serious injury see a w/c lawyer. I believe they work on a contingency(a percentage of what you receive in any settlement, usually about 1/3. But it helps not to have to pay lawyers fees if your already out of work) In essence you don't pay unless there is a case settlement. I am in no way one of those people always looking to make money with a lawsuit. But your situation seems clearly justified, if you don't look out for yourself no one else will. I believe I've read your posts in the past and this appears to be a problem you have been dealing with for some time.
Good Luck and God Bless

Old 12-09-2003, 04:36 PM   #3
Inactive

out2lunch HB User

Hi Bernard, welcome!! Please take Randee's advice! This is exactly what you need to do!! Don't take any w/c dr's advice on anything! They work for w/c that's it!! Just like ins companies, they're paid good to say there's nothing wrong with you!! Please let us know how it turns out, take care!!

Old 12-09-2003, 07:02 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

MarianJ HB User

[COLOR=DarkGreen][B][CENTER]Hello Bernard,[/CENTER][/B]
[INDENT]I am sorry to hear of all your pain. I can't even begin to imagine how frustrating this must be for you because it seems as if you are not being told what exactly the injury is that you have sustained. I realize that this is a workman's comp issue but you should still be entitled to a copy of your MRI report. Your doctor's office may have you fill out an authorization form for the request of this report. Once you obtain a copy of this report than you can further research the findings and get a second opinion from another doctor. But when scheduling an appointment with another dr. they would ask you to bring your most recent films and report if you are able to provide these. If their was nothing wrong with you, you would not be in so much pain and the doctor's would not be giving the pain medication's. I do wish you the very best and I will keep you in my prayer's.[/INDENT]
[B][CENTER] Jeanne [/CENTER][/B][/COLOR]

Old 12-10-2003, 07:24 AM   #5
Inactive

bernard69 HB User

thanks to all of you for the advice .I had ny mri report when I went to thier dr.'s each time but you already know what their out come is ? nothings wrong .I've been on medication since I got hurt in april .my job is just saying I can't come back to work because the dr.'s are saying I can do my job with no restrictions and I'm saying I'm hurting all the time .he's gave me the run around for the past few days like this .I don't know how I'm going to suuport my family nowthey gave me that permanent impairment check but that's only for 9 weeks they say on the letter I got with the check my attorney is suppose to call me todayto tell me what to do but I like getting other opinions to.the mri report says I have slight disc bulge from L2-S1 and straighten lumbar lordosis

Old 12-10-2003, 05:40 PM   #6

janb HB User

Hi Bernard,
I am so sorry to hear what you have been going through. It certainly does not seem fair.
I have had several mri's and they all said something was wrong but my pm doctor said sometimes mri's do not tell the whole story. He even told me some people have mri's which really don't show alot but there can still be problems. I agree with the other posts if you can afford it please try to go to another doctor. There may be other tests that can be run to find out exactly what the problem is. In the meantime we will all say a prayer for you and hope everything turns out okay for you.
Jan

Closed Thread