It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2003, 12:06 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

spark-o-cet HB User
lower back and leg pain

hey guys and gals i usually post on the addiction board but i have another problem you might help me with.about 3-4months ago i lifted a toilet and hurt my back and it has hurt ever since.i have pulled muscles in my back before but this feels like somethin total different.pain started next to my spinal cord and aftrer awhile it kinda moved more over to the right.the pain also runs down my right leg and this is the first time this has ever happened to me.i can move my leg up and down and i can feel the pain and movement in my lower back where that area of pain started.i have tried heating pads and ice and so far nothin has helped.also i can rub an area behind my right kneecap and feel the pain and movement in that area of my lower back and im really worried about this as this is the worst my back has ever been and the other times when it was hurt it would quit hurtin after 2weeks and i would be fine.i have no insurance and have not had any x-rays and no diagnosis.any info or guesses as to what this might be and any at home treatment that you can offer will be GREATLY appreciated and thanks-sparky

Old 12-11-2003, 05:08 PM   #2

acme HB User
Re: lower back and leg pain

If it's a disc problem & it's on your right leg & Lower back Could be S-1 / L-4/L-5????? My R. leg & lower back hurt untill Fusion L-4/ L-5! I'm not saying that's your problem......But?????? I used heating pads on my back-Hot showers......Good Luck! I feel for you!! No Ins. Bites big time!!

Last edited by acme; 12-11-2003 at 05:09 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-11-2003, 07:35 PM   #3

hotptato HB User

well sorry to hear about your mis-fortune. i myself hurt my back a year ago lifting a person into a wheelchair, come to find out i fractured my L4-5 vertabra and also found out i have spondylosis which if bad enough can cause your symptems. i am finally having surgery jan 8, 2004. so i would go see a doctor as soon as posable.

Old 12-11-2003, 07:36 PM   #4

hotptato HB User

as far as not having insurance try getting on state insurance, just go apply at social services

Old 12-11-2003, 07:43 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

ltedeschi HB User

hot tator

Just a quick question You stated a stress fracture is this the first? I had three with a fusion six weeks ago. What type of surgery are you slated for?

Old 12-12-2003, 09:38 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

spark-o-cet HB User

thanks all for the valuable replies im very worried after reading and i need to see a doc asap.does anybody think this could be a pinched nerve or somethin to do with a nerve.im ignorant when it comes to lower back pain.thanks all-sparky

Old 12-12-2003, 03:03 PM   #7

xcrankxshaftx HB User

I had bad pain in my right leg and my back. It sent me to the hospital. It hurt so bad I couldn't walk. Then, over the next few months it left my right leg and has went into my back and right leg. Twice more it sent me to the hospital unable to even walk. They said I have three buldging disk in my back. I have had three spinal blocks on it since April. The doctors told me after my daughter was born they may clear up on their on, so far no luck. The last doctor I went to told me lay on my back in the floor with my legs up on the chair, if you can even get in the floor, I can't. Also, while I was in the hospital one time they told me to lay on my right side to reduce the swelling. Also, if you don't already sleep with a pillow in between your knees an ankles, so they are level. I hope this can help some. I am going back to the doctor on the 22nd of this month, if I find anything else out I'll let you know.

Old 12-12-2003, 03:45 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

spark-o-cet HB User

thanks crankshaft i appreciate all the info you took the time to type-spark

Closed Thread