It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2003, 05:49 PM   #1

djpmrp HB User
Unhappy please help me, whats wrong , and what are these codes?

what would make injections hurt you worse?, i have pain in my lower back, and under my shoulder blades it hurts, my legs stay weak and hurt. i got the injections and i hurt worse, so i stopped those. my treating physician released me , who was a chiropractor, i still have the same problems as i did when i first got hurt. now comp is taking my weekly checks out of a rating my chiroprator gave me, i need help, i dont know what to do now. i had a mri, and it said no acute problems. ive been off work now for over a year, i drove a coal truck that beat your guts out! how am i supposed to go back to work with the same problems. i looked through all my records and found these diagnosis codes, what do they mean????????? 724.8 739.2 839.20 729.1 724.6 724.4 724.3 724.2 728.85 721.90 724.5, if you know tell me please. my chiropractor wrote,chronic nerve root irratation,permanent impairments, when he gave me mmi. should i get a lawyer or what? i cant sleep,and hurt allmost all the time. comp is a joke, they wont help me in the least. im stuck with no income.
djpmrp

Old 12-18-2003, 10:46 PM   #2
Inactive

jodawa50 HB User
Re: please help me, whats wrong , and what are these codes?

[QUOTE=djpmrp]what would make injections hurt you worse?, i have pain in my lower back, and under my shoulder blades it hurts, my legs stay weak and hurt. i got the injections and i hurt worse, so i stopped those. my treating physician released me , who was a chiropractor, i still have the same problems as i did when i first got hurt. now comp is taking my weekly checks out of a rating my chiroprator gave me, i need help, i dont know what to do now. i had a mri, and it said no acute problems. ive been off work now for over a year, i drove a coal truck that beat your guts out! how am i supposed to go back to work with the same problems. i looked through all my records and found these diagnosis codes, what do they mean????????? 724.8 739.2 839.20 729.1 724.6 724.4 724.3 724.2 728.85 721.90 724.5, if you know tell me please. my chiropractor wrote,chronic nerve root irratation,permanent impairments, when he gave me mmi. should i get a lawyer or what? i cant sleep,and hurt allmost all the time. comp is a joke, they wont help me in the least. im stuck with no income.
djpmrp[/QUOTE]

Yes, get a lawyer.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-20-2003, 08:57 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

MarianJ HB User

[COLOR=DarkGreen][B][INDENT]Hello Djpmrp,[/INDENT][/B]
[INDENT]Welcome to the Healthboards for Back Problems. I am sorry that you suffer with so much pain. I would suggest finding another doctor besides just a chiropractor for your injury's. I am not at all familiar with workman's comp but maybe another member will come along who can better assist you with that issue. I think you would be best seeing either an orthopedic or neuro surgeon. I was able to find most of the chiro codes for you. I hope this helps you to better understand them. Good luck to you.[/INDENT]
[CENTER][B]724.8 - Facet syndrome

739.2 - Nonallopathic lesions -

839.20 - Could not find code, possible typo.

739.1 - Myositis

724.6 - Disorder of sacrum, ankylosis

724.4 - Lumbosacral syndrome, Pinched nerve, Radiculitis

724.3-724.4 - Neuritis

724.2 - Back, Low back syndrome, Lumbago, Lumbalgia

728.85 - Spasm of muscle

721.90 - Degenerative joint disease

724.5 - Back

Jeanne[/CENTER][/B][/COLOR]

Old 12-27-2003, 10:16 PM   #4

hrn00 HB User

Hi djpmrp--I was in an accident a year ago and it was very hard for me to decide if i should get a lawyer or not. [COLOR=Red][url removed] [/COLOR] is a great website to check out. They have message boards and lawyers, insurance adjusters and a lot of different people reply to your questions on there and you may find it useful. I did. I completely agree with Tomorrow that you should be seeing a dr other than a chiropractor.Good Luck.

Last edited by moderator2; 12-28-2003 at 06:28 AM. Reason: Not allowed to post commercial websites or message board websites. Please carefully read, know and follow the board guidelines and posting policy. Thank you.

Old 09-02-2009, 07:21 AM   #5
(male)

millerd55 HB User

[QUOTE=jodawa50;774789]Yes, get a lawyer.[/QUOTE]
Yes without a lawyer they will try to make you go back to work to something they call "light duty" Don't wait to long to grab yourself a lawyer. Good Luck my friend.

Old 09-02-2009, 08:06 AM   #6
(male)

way2young HB User

I tried to go without a lawyer and had to get one also. Don't wait, get one! be sure to check around good. Make sure he has been to court for and had real cases. Don't get the ones on tv! There is a big difference between a chiropractor and a doctor. I saw only doctors. If you have a bad bulging disc or nerve problem you do not want them to touch you. They can cause alot more damage than you have. You want precise readings and results. You will only get these from a real surgeon! Hope this helps.

Old 09-02-2009, 10:00 AM   #7
Facilitator
(female)

SpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB User

The codes are known as ICD-9 codes for future reference. All physicians/hospitals use the same set of codes.

Have you had any consultations with an orthopedic spine surgeon or neurosurgeon? And have you seen a Pain Management physician?

Closed Thread