It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2003, 04:09 PM   #1

Monas HB User
Thumbs up I Have a Surgery Date Finally!!!!!!!!

G'day Everyone!

I just found out my surgery date, Monday 19th of January.
It feels so different knowing i have a date now, so much more real.
Bit scary! i'm going away on new years eve to Queensland for 14 nights, get back on Tuesday 15th of January and have My Op the following Monday.
My Pre-Op appointment was schduled for January 21st, and they are closed until 13th of January so i hope they squeeze me in when i get back so i dont have to postpone the surgery!
I'm so scared now, it's finally actually happening!

Luv Tiah

Old 12-27-2003, 11:02 PM   #2

ricebird HB User
Re: I Have a Surgery Date Finally!!!!!!!!

To Tiah:

Best wishes for your surgery. You're young, so you'll probably do great. However if you don't, please let me know. I have had more than one surgery, one good and one terrible.

If it turns out good, great, if not you could be in for a lot worse than just the results of the surgery. Some surgeons will do anything to hide the results of a bad surgery, using your own body and who knows what to cover the results of a bad surgery. Hopefully this won't be the case with you.

Waking up with no pain after the surgery is no longer an indication of a successful surgery, because if they know you are going to have nerve damage they can inject a spinal block so the person doesn't feel pain until they are home over a week. But no more about that now. Most likely you'll do great.

If you have a good surgery, know that the problem can reoccur in the future. It takes building strong spine & stomach muscles and keeping the body hydrated to keep the back healthy. Make sure you get physical therapy after the surgery. (It cuts down on the chance of scarring inside.)

Again best of surgeries,

Ricebird

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-29-2003, 02:48 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

Brooke79 HB User
Re: I Have a Surgery Date Finally!!!!!!!!

dear tiah,
i have made note of your date and as you know, you will be very much in my thoughts.

love and hugs
brooke

Closed Thread