It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2003, 10:40 AM   #1

monacks HB User
Help - bad pain

I've had a bad back for years. I'm 33, since I've had kids it seems to get bad every few months. Usually, its in the left lower back and it basically hurts to move and can barely stand straight for a few days.

This time, my lower back is very tender, but I can move. BUT - my left leg and hip are having shooting pains and it actually feels kind of numb. What do I do? I've been taking Ibuprophen. I haven't seen a doctor in the past. What could this be? Any advice would be appreciated.

Old 12-29-2003, 12:49 PM   #2

gdbreedlove HB User
Re: Help - bad pain

Monacks,

Sorry to hear about your back pain. I suggest you get in to see an orthopaedic or Neuro DR as soon as you can. You mentioned you had not been to the DR, which I'm assuming means you have never had an MRI. Your symtoms are similar to alot of those you read on these boards, but you won't really know until you are fully diagnosed. Good luck to you, and hope you feel better very soon.

Greg

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-29-2003, 02:05 PM   #3

jaamoo HB User
Re: Help - bad pain

while i agree with gdbreedlove that you should see a dr, this sounds exactly like what i have-sciatica. I have had this since i was about 17, and it worsened when i had my first daughter. during pregnancy, she laid on the sciatic nerve, basically crushing it, causing the sharp shooting pains to increase in intensity. in the last 6 years it has gotten worse, and when i saw my dr 2 weeks ago he put me in physical therapy.

you need a diagnosis for sure, but just know that there are others who feel the same pain as you.

let us know what the dr says, and good luck!
2 Daughters

Closed Thread