It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2003, 02:04 PM   #1
(female)

debbiep HB User
standing to long

Hi there, I was just wondering if anyone suffers with a really bad back after standing in the same postion for only up to 5 mins.... I have light lower back pain constantly and find if I stand ,even just to talk to someone ,my back gets so sore...what could this be ,any suggestion on how to over come this ,exercise etc??Thankyou,debbiep.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-29-2003, 02:45 PM   #2
(female)

jchernyb HB User
Re: standing to long

[QUOTE=debbiep]Hi there, I was just wondering if anyone suffers with a really bad back after standing in the same postion for only up to 5 mins.... I have light lower back pain constantly and find if I stand ,even just to talk to someone ,my back gets so sore...what could this be ,any suggestion on how to over come this ,exercise etc??Thankyou,debbiep.[/QUOTE]
If I stand more than 5 minutes both of my legs get very weak and I cannot walk. I have L2-L3 herniation. Cant say my back feels any sorer, however by legs sure do.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-29-2003, 03:04 PM   #3

buDeeful6 HB User
Re: standing to long

[QUOTE=debbiep]Hi there, I was just wondering if anyone suffers with a really bad back after standing in the same postion for only up to 5 mins.... I have light lower back pain constantly and find if I stand ,even just to talk to someone ,my back gets so sore...what could this be ,any suggestion on how to over come this ,exercise etc??Thankyou,debbiep.[/QUOTE]

Hi Debbie, About a year ago I strained my back pretty bad and yes I do have this problem. Do you also get Pain in the buttocks (sciatica)? I got so discusted that I did some online research on sciatica and found out that there are 2 causes for this problem on an bulging disc or a tight Periormis muscle In the hip. I do this excersise twice a day every day and it has helped me tremendiously.

You will need a blanket and a watch or timer

roll the blanket so that it is about 6 to 8 inches thick (sorry I don't now the metric conversion for that but about a thick as a very thick book)

sit on the blanket have the watch or timer where you can reach see/set it for 2 min. Bend your right knee so that your foot is as close to your left hip as possible. Place your left foo in front of your right knee or if possible on the outer side side of your right thigh just go as far as you can don't force. Place your hands on your right knee for balance. Start timming, sit in this position for 2 min. Keep telling yourself to relax your hips the object is to eventually get your right knee to the floor.

After 2 min. switch sides and repeat the excersise on the other leg
do this excersise morning and night 7 days a week

Let me know if this helps you.

Closed Thread