It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2003, 07:11 AM   #1

lesley ely HB User
husband

Hello everyone,
My husband had surgery to his back on Nov 26 2003. He had a bulging disc shaved & decompression. Approx. 10 months before the surgery he had an awful pain in his back which we believe was the disc being pushed out on to the nerve ( L5) He was immediatly numb on the side of his body from his waist to his thigh. If he stood or sat to long he also got pins & needles right down to his foot. The other symptom was a dull ache in his groin. This ache seems to have gone but the numbness is still there, more so in fact. His two smallest toes feel like they are in a block of ice to him but they are warm to the touch to him & anybody else. If he takes pain killers they take away the cold ness away. He is working with a physio twice a week in a warm pool & is progressing to the gym next time. He is very frustrated by it all. He can not stand or sit comfortably for any length of time. We are walking aprrox a mile every day. This is the only exercise he has been advised to do at home. He has suffered badly with his back for aprrox 30 years. The surgeon said if he could give him a spine transplant he would. We would be grateful for any feed back from any one.
Many thanks Lesley

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
my husband's emergencies are getting to me goingdaffy Relationship Health 10 05-08-2010 02:42 PM
And yet another beloved husband diagnosed with PC JudeNZ Cancer: Prostate 5 05-08-2010 11:35 AM
Husband just diagnosed CM63 Cancer: Prostate 20 04-14-2009 09:32 AM
I resent my husband - what do i do. myinspiration Relationship Health 7 09-14-2008 08:18 AM
Is my husband being abusive? Any input is appreciated. negot Relationship Health 56 08-28-2008 10:00 PM