It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2003, 09:37 PM   #1

Tooee HB User
New here and hurting...

From what I erad so far, I've come to the right place for support. I hope I can be of support to you as well.

I've had back pain since 1978. Now I'm really stiff and hurt alot. I'm doing physical therapy and they want me to get an MRI done on my internal organs.
Also, I have reoccuring numbing in my right thigh. It use to be just occassionally and only when I stand in one spot for a time.
Now, however, it goes numb daily and also when I walk.

Anyone else have this trouble with their thigh numbing?

Last edited by Tooee; 12-30-2003 at 09:38 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-31-2003, 07:15 AM   #2
Inactive

out2lunch HB User
Re: New here and hurting...

Hi Tooee, welcome! You have come to a great place for support, as well as complete understanding!!
Do you have any idea what caused your back problems back in '78, and therefore brough you to physio??
I was in a car accident in '98 which caused herniated discs in my spine!! I have radiating pain down my legs (in thighs) and numbness in the feet!! I'm told this is from the herniated discs pinching nerves!! Could this be the case for you?? Have you had any MRIs or CT scans?
Perhaps if you can tell us a bit more about your situation, we can help you better?
Anyway, I wish you luck, take care!!
ps..I look forward to hearing more from you!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-31-2003, 08:06 PM   #3

Tooee HB User

I pushed a car out of snow in Colorado. I was fine until the next day when I woke up in horrible pain. I had to go to the hospital. I don't recall if they took X-rays or not.
I would get better and then my back would 'go out' again over the years. Now it goes out frequently. I also have degenerative dic disease.

I'm very concerned about the numbness in my right thigh. It comes and goes but is more frequent than a year ago. Its been daily since I have been doing Physical Therapy.

[QUOTE=out2lunch]Hi Tooee, welcome! You have come to a great place for support, as well as complete understanding!!
Do you have any idea what caused your back problems back in '78, and therefore brough you to physio??
I was in a car accident in '98 which caused herniated discs in my spine!! I have radiating pain down my legs (in thighs) and numbness in the feet!! I'm told this is from the herniated discs pinching nerves!! Could this be the case for you?? Have you had any MRIs or CT scans?
Perhaps if you can tell us a bit more about your situation, we can help you better?
Anyway, I wish you luck, take care!!
ps..I look forward to hearing more from you!![/QUOTE]

Old 01-01-2004, 09:21 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

carol632 HB User

Were you sent to PT by a physician or is this something you are doing at home on your own? If the doctor ordered it, you should let him know what is happening. However, if you are on your own, you should make an appointment and see if you can find out what is going on. Things change in our back and you may need another MRI. Good luck and I hope this helps.
Carol
morphine pump

Old 01-06-2004, 05:19 PM   #5

Tooee HB User

Carole: I'm under a doctors care. We are doing more tests soon.
Got some results back today but dont understand them. I will take them to hte Dr and ask about it.
It says something about splenious something.

I just found that a ladies weight cneter called CURVES opened up the road. I think I might join that. Its easy and comfortable. I tried it today while looking around in the place and noticed every lady had someone working with them to make sure they did everything correctly. And its certainly affordable!

See you tomorrow sometime.
Until then be safe and be comfortable.

[QUOTE=carol632]Were you sent to PT by a physician or is this something you are doing at home on your own? If the doctor ordered it, you should let him know what is happening. However, if you are on your own, you should make an appointment and see if you can find out what is going on. Things change in our back and you may need another MRI. Good luck and I hope this helps.
Carol[/QUOTE]

Closed Thread