It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2004, 05:49 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mistina HB User
tightness and immobility of the spine at L4 and L5 level/had laminectomy

I had a laminectomy in Sept. and have been having trouble trying to "loosen" up my spine. At first I was trying to loosen up the muscles and doing PT and excercise that I could tolerate and just plain trying to get the muscles moving again. It was about a year and a half since I had used them before my surgery and I knew that they were out of wack!
Well, I have been trying so hard to get things working again but it just seems like the stiffness is my actual spine and 'bones'. It's like it is limiting me from moving in the ways that me doctor is trying to tell me to. If I do try to push it, I'm in terrible pain for days and then I get the nerve pains in my legs and stuff. He did remove alot of spurring on my facet joints but I'm thinking that there is still some there due to the lack of mobility. If I move in certain ways or kinda try to do any new movements, it's like the bones just don't move that way or stop moving at all. Anyone have the same problems/symptoms and what the heck is going on. I have sooooo much pulling/stiffness/tightness in my sacrum and L4 and L5 areas!!

Christina

Old 02-16-2004, 08:56 AM   #2

SpondyMom HB User
Re: tightness and immobility of the spine at L4 and L5 level/had laminectomy

[QUOTE=Mistina]I had a laminectomy in Sept. and have been having trouble trying to "loosen" up my spine. At first I was trying to loosen up the muscles and doing PT and excercise that I could tolerate and just plain trying to get the muscles moving again. It was about a year and a half since I had used them before my surgery and I knew that they were out of wack!
Well, I have been trying so hard to get things working again but it just seems like the stiffness is my actual spine and 'bones'. It's like it is limiting me from moving in the ways that me doctor is trying to tell me to. If I do try to push it, I'm in terrible pain for days and then I get the nerve pains in my legs and stuff. He did remove alot of spurring on my facet joints but I'm thinking that there is still some there due to the lack of mobility. If I move in certain ways or kinda try to do any new movements, it's like the bones just don't move that way or stop moving at all. Anyone have the same problems/symptoms and what the heck is going on. I have sooooo much pulling/stiffness/tightness in my sacrum and L4 and L5 areas!!

Christina [/QUOTE]

You poor thing! Go read my thread about aquatic therapy. I swear by it. It is not strenuous and loosens my muscles up. Ask your doc for a scrip for some hydrotherapy PT and then you can find a pool and do the exercises whenever you want. It may cost some money for a pool membership but it is cheaper than drugs, missed work, sleepless nights, painful days.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread